Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Going to the Prom

So Sydney and I are going to the Prom... well not really... but kind of sort of. We have this group of about 20 couples (in their late 20's - 40's) that we do alot with... some of these couples are in our fantasy football league... some aren't but all of us have the same desire to keep our marriages healthly. So we plan events on our own to ensure that we stay connected with our "lovers". For example every year since we have been married (we have been married 7 years) Sydney and I have gone to a marriage retreat. It is a weekend that we can get away and focus on our marriage... about 15 couples all chip in and we rent several cabins at Breezy Point Resort in central Minnesota. We all chip in food and just enjoy the weekend. We pay for speakers to come in to talk to us about how we can keep our relationships with our spouses on track. It helps to ground us, or center us once a year... Needless to say, Bug Bug, (0ur third child) was a result of our marriage retreat two years ago. Anyway, back to my point. This weekend we are having a Valentine's day dance that Sydney and her friend Deb have put together... we have rented a conference area at a local hotel and we are going to "the prom." Sydney went shopping last night and bought a new dress for the occassion... Can I just say that my wife is very sexy? Wow. She slipped it on in front of me and while I prefer her without the dress... (or clothes in general) if we do have to go out, then she can wear that dress anytime. I am excited to dance the night away with my bride of 7 years.

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home