Monday, July 18, 2005

We're back from a long weekend; Sydney wore me out in more ways than one... ;)

(Don't worry Katie... it's a "G" rated post... I just did that title for shock value. ... even though it was the truth. lol.)

It was a weekend of fun... like the previous post stated, Sydney and I went to Minneapolis to get away for our anniversary. We had a great time; which, of course, isn't surprising. I always have a fun time with Sydney any time we hang out together. We dropped the kids off on Friday night at a couple of different places... arrived at our Jacuzzi Suite at about 9 o'clock or so. The hotel was good, average. Nothing special. Besides the Jacuzzi, it was your average Holiday Inn Express and Suites. Although, I will give their continental breakfast a 10. I used to travel all the time and I know what I am talking about when it comes to hotels and continental breakfast. Anything from doughnuts to muffins... there was cereal, bagels, yogurt, cinnamon rolls, juice coffee, toast, English muffins... two words: Top. Notch. So, after scarfing down a 7 course breakfast, we headed out to do some shopping. We went to the Mall of America. Been there many times... but it gives you a chance to experience sensory overload. Hard to decide what to buy, because there are so many things. I ended up purchasing a new quicksilver "board shirt" and a pair of shorts from the quick silver shop as well. Then we hit a t-shirt shop, and I purchased a few t-shirts... Calvin and Hobbes, Underdog, Rocky and Bullwinkle... etc. Sydney purchased a few pairs of shoes and a set of dressy maternity clothes for that evening, as well as some jewelry. We then went back to the Hotel, to get ready for our night out. We went to the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre...

We were thrilled,
we were charmed,
we were entertained,
and most importantly... we were fed. It was a great time.
We saw:


Sydney loves the Theatre... for the same reason she loves to read... It allows her to use her imagination and experience life somewhere else for a short time. Me, I would rather go to a football game... but I must say, that I enjoyed the theatre as well. The guy who played "Gaston" was hilarious... and the entire show was well worth the money spent. The Top Sirloin Steak was fantastic and the Red Merlot that I had hit the spot as well... Other than the phone call from the ER asking for our consent to allow them to give Jake stitches, it was a perfect night. After gorging ourselves on the continental breakfast again the next morning and stopping by a few more shops, we headed back to reality on Sunday afternoon. Like all good things... it came to an end. But it is always fun to come back after a long weekend and see the kids and hear about their "adventures." Anyway, life is good... but we're back. It is hard to come to work on the Monday after a great weekend... but I guess I have to pay for weekends like this somehow. Of course it is all worth it; it has been 8 great years with the love of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home