Monday, October 24, 2005

T-Minus 6 Days and Counting...

Not including today... In six days I board that big "iron bird" and take off for India. That said, I feel like I am not ready in terms of all the things I need to do. I still have to finish my powerpoint presentation for my presentations when I am over there... I still have to pack both a suitcase and a carry on... purchase some traveler's checks.

For those of you who have recently started to read my blog... and I guess for those of you who read my blog quite frequently... (I haven't mentioned too much about it...) I am traveling to India and Nepal for about 2 weeks for work. When I am over there, I will be meeting with a few companies and giving a few presentations. The other days, I will be a tourist. I have a friend who has set up a couple of days of Tourism in India and in Nepal, I have a friend who has done the same. I am actually taking an airplane around Mount Everest. Hopefully it doesn't crash and I have to survive by eating the pilot or something... but I am excited about the trip. Should be great. At the same time, I would be lying if I didn't tell you that I will be a little relieved when the trip is over... not that I am looking past it or that I don't want to go... but a safe trip and hindsight will be a good thing I think.

If I hadn't watched the show "LOST" ... I would be fine. lol. They were on a flight from Austrailia and I am coming from India... so I should be okay. Right? LOL.

Anyway, I have my shots, still need to speak with my doctor about some antibiotics... but took my first pill last night, to prevent Malaria when I get bit by those mosquitoes over there. Passport with visas are in hand, plane tickets are bought... Guess I am really going. lol. I have been to the UK before... but other than Canada on a couple of Fishing trips... I have't been anywhere. SO, this will be quite the adventure.

Okay... I added Blogger comments back to my template... so post your comments where ever. Haloscan doesn't seem to be working...

7 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Ok so I commented about 100 times and haloscan ate them - STINK

9:43 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

No WONDER. Haloscan is not my friend today. Neither is blogger. Grrr. Ben! Sounds like the trip will be quite an experience! I expect pictures when you return :)

10:38 AM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

Floor as in "your sins are erased and they are no more, they're out on the ocean floor" by Audio Adrenaline.

12:02 PM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

Oops, that was supposed to be for the wotd. I figured since you goofed up my comments, I'd goof up yours! ;)

12:03 PM

 
Blogger steve said...

I will be praying for you my friend. YOur trip will be fantastic. God will take care of the little details

4:00 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

Ben I am so excited for you but what will we do with you gone for two whole weeks? What will Syd do? If she wants she is more then welcome to pack the munchkins up and head down to Texas. I'm sure we can offer tons of free baby sitting and all the fried food your sweet children can handle.

I will be praying for safety and good travel conditions (and of course that your flight will not go the way of the one on LOST).

4:18 PM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

God speed your safe return home and watch over Syd and the kids!

8:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home