Monday, November 28, 2005

Winter Storm Warning...

It is 8 pm on Monday, November 28th and the power is out. Currently, we are in a blizzard and our weather is:

mostly cloudy
Temp: 18 °F
Feels Like: -5 °F
Wind: NW 43, Gusting at 51 mph

Jake, Micker Mackers and Bug Bug are on the floor in Bug Bug's room snuggled together under a pile of blankets. I called the power company and they have no estimation on how long it is going to take to get the power back on. I have a portable propane heater that we can fire up if it starts to get really cold in here. I turned all the water to the house off and I drained all the water lines so that the pipes don't freeze and burst. So, here we go... life in the country in the Middle of winter in Minnnesota...

And just as I finished typing this... the power came back on... I just cranked the furnace to 80 so if the power goes out again, it will stay warmer longer.

But keeping everything in perspective... my final thoughts are: At least I can Blog even when the power goes out. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home