Monday, March 28, 2005

Norman Rockwell here we come...

I had a great weekend...

It started out on Friday going to Good Friday Service... (Never really understood why they call it good friday when it was the death of our Lord and King... should be sad friday or dark friday... or something.) Anyway, I was asked a couple of weeks ago to read Matthew 27: 45- 61. So, as it was my turn to get up and read the verse, I had to reach out to adjust the Microphone because I AM SO SHORT... 5'4" to be exact... and as my hand got close to the Mic, this blue arc bridged the gap between my finger and this cruel, cruel object which ended in a loud CRACK acrossed the sound system. There was a slight chuckle throughout the crowd... and I just had to shake my head... leave it to me to cause laughter at a somber Good Friday Service. I could have done a stand up comedy routine at that point because how do you transition from people laughing at you to serious reflection on Jesus's death... not sure I was successful.

Anyway, Saturday arrived and I got up at about 6 am to work on my paper so I could get that done and spend the rest of the day with Jake and MacKenzie. We had a great day. It was one of those spring days where the temperature was about 65 - 70 degrees. Jake and I jumped on the trampoline for awhile... as the sun set in the late afternoon... and everything was highlighted by each golden ray... we lay there looking up at the sky... just hanging out with each other. Trust me when I tell you everything was right in the world. It is times like those where I understand the importance of spending time with Jake (and Micker Mackers and Leah) because you never know when you are going to have "cool" moments like that. Sydney drove into town and the car started acting up. Might be bad gas because I just filled up the car on Friday night after the church service... (it's at the dealership this morning getting looked at.) But even that set back didn't ruin my day.

Sunday, Bug Bug was sick... so Sydney stayed home with her as I took the kids to Church. Then after church, I drove in to pick up our international student so she could spend easter with us. (We are a host family for an international student throughout the year. It helps to keep them from being so lonely during the holidays... and allows our family to experience much needed culture so our kids are given the chance to love people no matter what their diverse back ground is.... it doesn't matter if it's Nigeria or "The Lone Star State"... lol.) So, Zi (Zaynab) came out and spent the afternoon with us. After that, Jake and I played a game of "War" with the cards that were in his Easter Basket. Unfortunately, I won. (Which after a long day, caused Jakers to break down in tears.) By that time, it was bed time for the kids... Sydney and I just relaxed for a while and then I "Konked out" by about 9:30.

It truly was a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home