Thursday, March 17, 2005

Seriously. We live in a Vacuum.

So last night I discovered we live in this Void called rural Minnesota. Of course the first thought that crosses your mind is: "You just discovered this last night?" My response is: Well... I suspected it... but last night my suspisions were confirmed. We get Satellite TV and internet so I thought... "we must be a long way from the edge..." Wrong. I got a couple of cell phones for Sydney and myself yesterday thinking that we could call each other for free since it is long distance from our house to where I work... but I soon discovered upon entering our impenetrable steel box in which we reside in that we don't even get one "tick" in terms of a signal from a tower that is only 7 miles away... of course Mr. "Skeezy cell phone Senior Retail Sales Representative" says I should have great reception for at least 11 miles from a tower... why then do we only get one "tick" in our driveway? Really Mr. SCPSRSR, if you don't get good reception in a certain area, then don't sell phones to those people... The phone call last night from our car in the driveway to our house phone went something like... "Sydney, Can... You. Hear.... (static)... still there? ....what? I said, Can.... You. Hea... (static)..." ... nothing. Looked down. Cell phone read, "Lost Caller."

"Really."

Anyway, at least there is a 15 day money back guarantee if we aren't completely satisfied. It's the hassle of the whole thing that bothers me I guess... We are going to check with a couple other companies and see if the coverage is better for them.

What's that saying that people who live in the middle of nowhere use? Oh yeah... "Don't bet the farm on it."

I won't.

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home