Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Forecast For Tomorrow...

Am I ever tired this morning. Don't even know why... didn't stay up late to watch TV... no late night sex... nothing. Just woke up this morning and my feet were dragging. Woke up a little late... Jumped in the shower and the shower head is not working right... it hasn't been for the last few days... not sure what the deal is, but I need to take it apart so I get more than a "trickle" coming out of that thing... must be the well water that is plugging it up... Anyway, Sydney helped Jake get ready for school today and then he went out to play with Buddy for a bit. By the time I got out there and we got to the end of the drive way in the car, he was complaining that his hands were cold because Mom didn't put his warm mittens on. So I left him in the car and ran up to the house to find his mittens... as I ran up to the house I stumbled over/kicked Buddy as he thought I was back to play... so he went off yelping and then after asking (hollering at) Sydney where Jake's mittens were... I scoured the van for his mittens. FINALLY found them and then, ran back out to the car at the end of the driveway. So I get that squared away and Jake gets on the bus... then I get all the way down the road and I forget the $300.00 I was going to drop into the bank, so I turn around.... Just a morning of mass chaos. But I made it to work... 10 minutes early even.

Anyway, our washer and dryer are both on the blink... so Sydney hasn't been able to do clothes for the last few days and I am out of T-shirts and underwear... (don't worry... wearing the last clean pair of both.) So last night I went out and bought Sydney a new washer and dryer... While I went a little bit overboard, I figured the following:

1. Sydney would appreciate it.

2. I was raised that you get what you pay for... Case in point: the $350.00 Maytag we bought 2 years ago has already brokendown twice... no longer on warranty and the part costs $300.00. (Don't even get me started on this issue.)

3. Normally when it comes to my stuff, I buy the best... why shouldn't I do the same for Sydney?

4. With these bad boys, Sydney shouldn't have to waste as much time doing laundry, because the tub won't fit enough or she has to run the dryer twice to dry the clothes because it is not drying right.... and the list goes on....

5. But for the most part, I bought the "Grand Daddies" of all washing machines and dryers because I love my wife and Sydney deserves the best.

Anyway, the washer and dryer will be delivered and set up at three o'clock today. Forecast for tomorrow: Clean underwear. (Whew, just in time...)

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home