Tuesday, March 08, 2005

A Conversation With Jake.

So anyone who lives in the country understands the process of burning garbage and that you can't burn everything... so you have to start planning how you get rid of your unburnable garbage. One thing that you start is a "slop container" that contains anything from uneaten food to eggshells to banana peels... you name it. (Once Buddy gets older our "slop" will be less, but right now we generate about an icecream bucket of slop per week.) If you're thinking right now: "nasty..." my response is: without question, but stick with me on this one...
Now that Jake is 6, we have assigned him a few chores like taking the pop cans down stairs to be crushed, cleaning his room and taking the slop container outside to dump.... (we walk to the other side of our property and dump it so the "varmints" stay on the outskirts of our property.) Anyway, here is a conversation I had with Jakers this morning on the phone:

Jake: Hi dad! Guess What?
Dad: I don't know bud, what?
Jake: I accidently barfed yesterday...
Dad: What? How did you accidently barf yesterday?
Jake: I was outside.
Dad: What where you doing outside that caused you to accidently barf?
Jake: I was emptying the slop container.
Dad: Really.
Jake: Yeah, I was like... Please don't barf, please don't barf. But then I looked at the pizza and the meat and... I barfed.
Dad: That's not good.
Jake: No. (As he laughed under his breath.) Here's mom.

He's all boy. lol.

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home