Monday, February 28, 2005

Back amongst the living...

I am back amongst the living... took a few days off from work (and life in general) and I feel pretty good... I would say I am at about 90%. But life is good anyway. I received an email from an old college friend and it was good to touch base with her... nothing like old friends and old memories. Then, I had my tax appointment and I we got good news... all in all Sydney and I will get about $4,200 dollars back... I will take it. I don't know why we always feel so good about getting our own money back... but it does make one feel good... We have been duped into thinking that the government is giving us a refund... which it is, but the point is: it is our money that they took and are giving back... why? Because they took more than they were entitled to. Anyway, all I can say is that it is better than having to pay money in... this is for sure.

Also, we are getting a new dog for our farm site... (Golden Retriever) We haven't figured out a name for the little guy yet and if anyone has any suggestions... feel free give your 2 cents... It will be an outdoor dog and I have a new doghouse being delivered tomorrow. Should be good for the kids and it should also keep the varmits away (as well as alerting us whenever someone comes on the yard. )

My folks came down this weekend to check out the new house and see where we live. In my family, my folks like to visit especially when you have just bought something new... if it is a new car or house or furniture or computer or what have you... then you are more likely to get a visit then if nothing is going on... guess it is not a bad thing... anything to have them come and visit works for me. My folks tend not to visit much because they don't like to "meddle" in our lives so to speak... but maybe tend to take it to extremes. It is always fun to have family around... Besides that, If I think they are getting into our business, I'll tell them about it... but it doesn't mean that I don't want them to come down... just keep their comments to themselves about things that aren't their business. Sydney's folks tend to come down more than my folks do and my folks are closer... not that it is a competition... but family seems to be more important in Sydney's family then in my family.

My thoughts are: Come down whenever and come down often... We love to see you and so do the kids...

Anyway, it was a good weekend.

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home