Thursday, February 17, 2005

I'm Leaving Sydney...

Taking the day off tomorrow... get to live the good life with a 3 day weekend. Really, is there anything better than a day off... ? We are heading up to Sydney's folk's place. Her cousin is getting married and while that is the reason for our trip, it is not the reason why we are heading up there. The real reason that we are going up there is to meet Sydney's brother's girlfriend... (well that and I am going ice fishing...) In all honesty, it wouldn't make a difference to me whether I went to her cousin's wedding... don't get me wrong, he is a nice guy... but, he is just a distant realitive to me... My perspective come's from growing up in a small family with no relatives around. It was just my folks and my brother and sister... every now and then our cousins would visit... but I never went to any of their weddings, nor was I expected to... just not use to it I guess. But I am excited to meet Tom's new girlfriend Annie.

Little background:

Tom, has always been shy when it has come to girls... he is a great guy who is good with kids and has a great sense of humor... he will be a good catch for any girl that gets the opportunity. He has had a desire to meet someone and eventually get married, but just never found the right one or has been too shy to pursue someone... so, when I heard the news, I was genuinely happy for Tom. She is coming this weekend to meet the family... so it is a big step. Sydney is very excited... and I don't blame her, so am I. Something about wanting your brother (brother-in-law) to experience the same kind of happiness you have. Not that my happiness stems from loving Sydney, my true happiness comes from the Lord. But I must admit that there is something comforting about knowing the one you chose to marry will never leave you. That sense of security that you feel when you go to bed each night knowing that she will still be there in the morning... I love that feeling. Some people may question how I can feel that way... I can't tell you how I know, but I know that Sydney will never leave me; nor will I ever leave her. See, when I entered this marriage, it wasn't "well let's see if this works... if it doesn't I am gone." But rather, "this is for the rest of my life... no questions." (That's what is wrong with so many marriages these days... nobody know's how to make a commitment and keep their word. The door to leave is alway standing wide open as an option in the back of their mind... how can you experience trust and honesty when you haven't been honest from the start... making a vow that you don't know if you will keep? Simply put, you can't.) Sydney entered it with the same perspective as me. The word divorce has never been brought up in our marriage... not even in jest. That's how it should be. Anyway, we're hoping that Tom will be able to find and have what we have... a love that endures. Whether it is Annie... or the next girl, hopefully Tom finds a best friend for life... someone who will never leave.

...With this being said, more than likely, I won't be there when you wake up on friday morning Sydney... I am leaving you... and I'm goin' fishing. lol. If you ever wake up, and I am gone... I haven't left ya... just gone fishing... or hunting. I'll be back though... whether you want me to come back or not... you're stuck with me. (Needless to say, you are one lucky woman to be stuck with such a fine man... Seriously.)

:)

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home