Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I married a smart woman...

Woke up this morning feeling much better. Sore throat seems to be gone so that is good. Went home yesterday to try and get some rest... spent my day hanging out in a chair... didn't get much sleep but the rest did some good. So I am back among the living.

Anyway, for those of you who followed my blog before, Sydney and I were thinking about getting a new vehicle. At the time, we were deciding whether we wanted a car or something that was 4 wheel drive. Sydney mentioned that her sister was selling her car and my initial reaction was, "We are not buying a car." Well, after taking the time to think about it... living approximately 25 miles away from work, a car made the most sense in terms of gas mileage. For the record, it was Sydney's idea and I take no credit for it because I was dead set on a 4 whell drive vehicle. It was a good idea. We bought Sydney's 1999 Pontiac Grand Am with 35,000 miles on it. Low miles for a car that year. We only paid $6,000 for it... which makes it a great buy. The color wouldn't have been my first choice but I don't mind it either. It is more green than teal but has a slight hint of teal in the color. I hate teal, so if it was teal, we wouldn't have boughten it. (And no, I am not trying to talk myself into this.) All in all, I am pretty satisfied with our purchase and it is nice not to be driving a piece of crap around. For the last few years, we couldn't afford a second vehicle so I was driving a "jalopy". Anyway, I am now driving a nice car that gets good gas mileage... all because Sydney suggested that a car might make more sense. I married a smart woman... (good thing I married her... definately one of the smartest things I have ever done.) ;)

Gotta run.

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home