Saturday, February 12, 2005

Relaxing Saturday Mornings... (one of the best things in life.)

Saturday morning and the sun is shining... nothing like the golden mornings out in the country... tips of the evergreen trees glisten with the morning sun. I would say since we have moved out here a couple of months ago, that has been what I have enjoyed the most. Sydney likes the peace in quite from the other neighbors and I can't say I can argue too much with that either... (especially from the mean old rag of a lady that lived on the left of us in town.) Anyway, it is 8:15 and I am just enjoying the morning... (Sydney and I just saw a pheasant in our front yard by the driveway... it was just taunting me knowing that I can't shoot him because it's not pheasant season... When it is... he better look out! I can't wait. Did I tell you I love it out here?) :)

Syd is going to make cinnamon rolls.. (called seven sister's in a hurry...) Mmmmmm Mmmmmm. It was a recipe that came from my side of the family... and like everything that my mom used to make, she takes it and adds her own special touch to it and makes it about 10 times better. Don't get me wrong, my mom is a good cook. (Need to clarify this incase she ever discovers our blog... lol) However, I would take Sydney's cooking over my mom's anyday of the week... In my opinion... it is better. (If I ever get fat, it's your fault Sydney.) Put it this way.... when my folks come to visit... my dad always makes some comment about something Sydney has made like: "Wow. This is so good! Linda, you need to get the recipe..." To which my mom responds: "It is my recipe." Sydney always tip toes quietly out of the room with a slight grin on her face. Too funny.

Anyway, Sydney and I stayed up last night and watched some of the 3rd season of Alias. I think this is our favorite TV show lately. We didn't start watching it until as of late, but it has been an awesome show. When we moved out here, we were without tv for about a month. (Almost killed me.) I haven't quite recovered from that experience yet... It's a long story and I would rather not think about the stupid cable installation company... Anyway, the good thing to come out of it is that we rented the 1st season of Alias from Premiere Video... We decided to invest and we bought all complete seasons of Alias for future showings... figured there was so much we have missed as we watched it the first time that we can watch the whole thing over again in the future. Right now we have my mother-and-father-in-law hooked on the series and one of Sydney's brother's girlfriends is going to borrow the first season after her folks... Just so we don't forget who has them... lol.

Sydney and I are heading out tonight for our elegant evening out, dancing the night away... Should be fun. We'll let you know how it goes.

Anyway, enough for now...

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home