Friday, August 17, 2007

So it begins...

It's official. I took the job.

Mixed emotions. Excited and sad all at the same time. Too many close friends here to count... This has been home for the last 15 years (including school.) So that will be the hardest part about leaving. But family and opportunity are there so, I took the plunge.

I will be moving into the same position that I am doing here for the first 6 months. As soon as I get there, I will design a position underneath me and he or she will report to me... as soon as this occurs, my job will be re-classified to Director of International Affairs... which will come with about a $14,000 raise. (Above and beyond the increase they have already given me. ) But, in the mean time, because we were not paying a mortgage here, Sydney and the Kids will stay here for the next 4 - 6 months and I will travel back on the weekends.

Told the kids last night... Leah and Benji don't have a clue... but Jake and Mack started crying. That was tough. I moved when I was nine (same age as Jake) and it sucked. So I know exactly what he is going through.

And I am 35 and it doesn't make it any easier than when I was nine.

Anyway, that is the big news.

The adventure begins.

6 Comments:

Blogger Charlyn said...

Congrats on the job offer! Change is never easy, but it seems God is leading you and your family down a different path! Better to move now while the kids are young, then when they get in to middle school and beyond.

So, will you be any closer to Lambeau Field??

Best wishes to you all!!

10:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAYAYAYAYAY! At least the decision is made and you can put that question to rest.
God Bless as you go on and keep following where God leads

10:47 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow! I'm only slightly out of the loop...

Well, congratulations!!

So I'm with Shenna...

Are you any closer to the frozen tundra? We could have our own northern version of those "southern blogger get-togethers" our friends are always bragging about!! ;o)

10:02 PM

 
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Congrats on the new job.

10:02 PM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

Did you forget to unpack the computer???

11:25 PM

 
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Dude. It's been awhile.

You okay?

11:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home