Friday, April 27, 2007

Put on my blue suede shoes... and I boarded a plane...

Touch down in the land of the delta blue... in the middle of the poorin' rain...

I love this song. I have never walked in Memphis...

But it is funny how a song will bring back a flood of memories...

Everytime I hear this song, I am suddenly transported back to the summer after my senior year in high school.

18 years old...
Experiencing my first adventure...
Living with friends in a small central Minnesota tourist town...
Delivering pizza's in my boss's white geo or my friend's parents' red chrystler station wagon... Pizzas in the back warmer...
Heading to some unknown destination to deliver pizza...
Hoping for big tips...
Song comes on the radio....
It's a summer night...
Sun is setting...
Dating my first love...
Thinking that she could be "the one."

She wasn't.

Which is COMPLETELY fine...

Sydney is perfect for me.

Amazing what a song will do. I don't even really get the song... but I like it none-the-less.

6 Comments:

Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

That's my favorite song in the whole entire world.

I love Marc Cohen's music. Wish I was listening to some now, actually.

Sigh.

11:01 AM

 
Blogger Katie said...

I heart that song too, something about it makes me feel like driving with my windows down.

3:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love that song as well. I have the acoustic version on my iPod. LOVE that.

11:04 PM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

No wonder why you love pizza so much! ;-)

Anyway, that is a great song.

7:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was sweet, and I think we have a little more insight into your love for pizza:)

7:49 PM

 
Blogger Eddo said...

I love that song too. The guys that I mentor, years back, listened to it on my computer one day and they loved it and then we all listened to it over and over. There is something catchy about it, something about walking in Memphis that makes you feel free. Makes you feel like you are floating 10 feet off of Beale. Which I have been on Beale street and I have walked in Memphis and it is a pretty shady place.

7:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home