Thursday, April 19, 2007

Wheeeee....

That's right, we purchased one and it is a lot of fun...

Wii's are hard to come by... When we were up at Sydney's brother's place for their kids' birthday party on Easter weekend, I was exposed to this brilliant machine. Jay purchased one and I had a Fantastic time playing his Nintendo Wii. I had told Sydney several weeks before that I had no interest in the Nintendo Wii and that it didn't even sound fun...

BUT!

...that was before I played the game.

Good times...

So after experiencing such bliss... I thought to myself, "I should by a Nintendo Wii!" The next week, I went to purchase one and guess what? Sold out. Everywhere. I was oblivious to this cultural phenomenon that was occuring whereby you couldn't go out an purchase something you wanted. The first store I stopped by... I looked around and couldn't find the Wii and so this guy came up and asked... "Can I help you?" I said, "Yes, I am looking to purchase a Nintendo Wii."

Sales guy: "Are you serious?"

Me: "Yes."

Sales guy: "You do know that you can't find one anywhere don't you?"

Me: "Um... no. "

Sales guy: "We get a shipment in every Tuesday... but get here early because they are gone as soon as we get them."

Me: "Thanks."

I then proceeded to check Kmart and Walmart and other electronic stores... Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Something happens to the mind when you want something and you can't get it... kind of like dangling that unattainable carrot out in front of you... try as you might... your efforts are futile.

That is until I went to Cananada.

I walk up to a counter and there is a Wii for sale... and I say, "Cool. A Wii. I'll buy it."

Cashier: "Sorry. That one is reserved. We are all sold out."

"BUT!

...we have a store about 10 minutes away that just got 7 in and they have 5 left... do you want me to call them and reserve one for you?" (At that moment... I think I recall hearing music coming from the heavenly realms.)

*Trying to contain my giddiness* I nonchalantly responded: "Sure. If it's not too much trouble."

So, after much effort I got my Wii. Jake was pumped and MacKenzie is FINALLY good at a video game. AND... most importantly... Sydney likes playing it too.

End of my Wii story.

Commence Wii-ing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never played with a Wii, but I've heard about them. They sound like a ton of fun! (And I had NOOOO idea they sold out so quickly!)

4:35 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

"Commence wii-ing"

Too easy.

So what you're saying is that soon your entire family will be consumed and addicted to "wii-ing"

Again too easy.

1:32 PM

 
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Wii not?

4:49 PM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

Wii got a Wii too! SO much fun, but we ended up doing the Ebay thing. If I happen to find a Wii at the store, I'm going to buy it and sell it on Ebay...they are making extra bucks on suckers like me who just HAVE to have one!

Hey, we should exchange console numbers so we can do little Wii parades and stuff! I made little Mii's that look like each member of my adorable little family. ;) Did you?

2:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home