Wednesday, March 14, 2007

It has gotta be Monday...

I went in to work out this morning and it didn't go so well... I got there and was unpacking my Gym bag and I forgot my dress shirt for work. How exactly I did that is beyond me... I even went through my mental checklist last night and thought "Dress Shirt... check." On my way in this morning... I had this feeling that I was forgetting something... so I went through my checklist again ... this time outloud... and I said:

"Underwear... check."
"Socks... check."
"T-shirt... check."
"Razor... check."
"Pants... check."
"Dress Shirt... check."
"Shoes... check."
"Belt... check."
"Deoderant... check."
"Wallet... check."
"Cell Phone... check."
"Glasses... check."

BUT... when I got to the Y... no dress shirt. And then after lifting weights... I got on the treadmill this morning... and I was only supposed to run 4 miles... but, mentally, I couldn't do it. The last 2 days it has been nice enough to run outside and it has been enjoyable... so going back to the treadmill was terrible.

Anyway... I ran a mile and a half and kept thinking about the shirt that I forgot and what I was going to do... I thought about going to work shirtless today... I am looking really buff lately. But then my better judgment kicked in and I thought that my 60 some year old secretary would be too distracted by my wonderful physique... and she wouldn't get anything done... and far be it from me to be the cause of such lustful thoughts... so I stopped the treadmill and I decided that, at that very moment, that I needed to go home and get a shirt. Besides that... 4 miles felt like it was going to take forever today.

Oh well... tomorrow is another day.

And I guarantee that, tomorrow, I will remember my shirt.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grrr. Isn't it awful when you forget the work clothes?

My gym is on the way to work, but work is only 10 minutes away, so I literally roll out of bed, work out, then come home and clean up and go to work. It would be insanity for me to get ready at the gym.

4 miles on the tread mill? Wow. I could possibly do that in 2 hours. ;-)

5:56 PM

 
Blogger Eddo said...

haha. That post was so funny, very Eddie-like in it's arrogance but in a humorous funny way. I've never forgotten my shirt, but on occasion I have forgotten shorts or something and I've gone to walmart and bought whatever I needed. The other day it was a towel. I must have a towel after showering, people don't like it when you hog the blow dryer, especially when you aren't blow drying your hair.

8:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home