Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Running like crazy.

It is official. I am signed up for Grandma's Marathon in Duluth Minnesota. The 26.2 miles will be run along the shores of Lake Superior. Monday was my official first day of training... so I am counting down the days. The race will be on June 16th... so internet stalkers, if you want to hunt me down and shoot me... that would be the day to do it.

That is if you can find me in the crowd of nearly 9,000 runners.

Looking forward to it though... well, as much as anyone can look forward to 26.2 miles of pain.

3 Comments:

Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

I'll have to bring my binoculars...not that I'm an internet stalker or anything...

4:28 PM

 
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Wow, Ben McMinn! That's quite an achievement!

I ran a 1/2 marathon a few months ago. I couldn't IMAGINE running the other 1/2 when I finished.

But you are more in shape then me, I guarantee. I'm excited for you! You can do it!

10:07 AM

 
Blogger Eddo said...

Go Ben! That's impressive. I've learned that running is not one of my strengths and that lifting weights is - so I run less and lift more and seem to have better results. That book I wrote about, "Now, Discover Your Strengths" has rally helped me to see the importance of focusing on what I am good at and not worrying about my weaknesses. It's been an amazing read.

10:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home