Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Today Chirky! Today!

I am back! And it looks like I am missed. It always feels good to be missed... don't you think? I need affirmation to survive and when people miss me, then it just affirms that they care about me. So, that makes me feel all good inside. I am glad to be back... actually. 2 weeks is a long time to be away from home and when there is no snow outside to go snowmobiling and the ice is too thin to go ice fishing... and there is nothing to do... your days drag on. So, I am glad to be back...

Christmas was fun. We had several because of Sydney's Grandparents, and her folks have one... My folks have one... and of course we have a small one at home before we leave... so the gifts kept coming. I got some shorts to work out in and then some socks... so that was good. I got a lot of money this year... I haven't spent it yet because I am not sure what I want to purchase yet. I thought about a Leather Jacket... but the one I want is about $268 and I didn't get that much. I thought about getting one of the gifts on my list. So I might do that. I thought about getting a new Cell Phone... but I want one that is really gadgety. Those are about $199.00 for a Palm Treo... so I can't get that... So I am not sure what I am going to get. I have about $120.00 burning a hole in my pocket... so the question becomes... what should I get?

New Years was fun... I rang in the New Year smooching with Sydney... so I ask how the new year could start any better? It can't. Too bad you can't all smooch Sydney on New Year's eve... then you would be as cool as I am.

Anywho...

We played games that night and hung out. I gained a few pounds over the break because I was grazing on snacks the whole time. I did work out on Sydney's folk's eliptical. I will take a treadmill over that anyday... you work like crazy to burn off a few calories. That and my left knee started to hurt because your feet are stationary. To me, it was harder on my joints than running is... So that was my vacation. I was pretty much a bum... Sydney will agree...

I did watch two full seasons of 24 while we were at her folk's place... so that was okay... I am caught up now and am ready for the next season.

That's about it though. No new year's resolutions... don't believe in making choices out of obligation only to fail at them 2 weeks later. Speaking of which... the YMCA was PACKED last night... because of all those people with similar good intentions. Good thing those resolutions only last about 2 weeks... I should be able to get a treadmill easier in about two weeks.

So, that was my break... much time with the Kids and Sydney and our families.

Happy New Year everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

sounds eventfully uneventful, which can be nice, just think it could have been a "vacation of spew" - that would have been rough

glad the MIM bunch had a good holidays and very glad to have you back

1:30 PM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

Took me awhile to figure out what your heading meant - but I got it now.

Your time off sounds wonderful. Sounds like what time off should be!

Isn't it weird not having snow and ice? It was 50 degrees on January 3rd in Wisconsin. That has to be a record high. Very strange.

I'm leading the J.V. youth group on Sunday. Got any ideas for me??

Glad you're back.

8:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home