Thursday, November 09, 2006

This is the easiest Gig I have ever had...

I have this job licked. Sydney is up north for today through the Sunday to enjoy some time away from the Kids for a much needed break. So I am at home holding down the fort.

Here's how my morning went:

Got up and fed the kids.
Got them dressed.
Made the Bed.
Picked up the living room.
Taught Jake and Micker Mackers school.
Put Benji down.
Popped in the movie "Cars" for the Kids.
Cleaned the Kitchen.
Polished the Silverware... (yes I am that good.)
Fed them Lunch... (Kenzie asked me what was for dessert and I said "nothing" ...but because I am so cool and I live right... the Schwann's Ice Cream man drove into the driveway just at that moment.)

Now that I have the house spotless and Jake and Mack are outside playing and Bug Bug is down for a nap, I have one eye on Ben "the troublemaker" jino and one eye on the computer screen... blogging.

Sydney off to work you go... I am going to stay home...

I am like a Lion taking care of his cubs... in all his grandeur....


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're totally the man. Good job holding down the fort!

I loved that you said "I'm living right" about the Swanson's truck. That's what Roger's dad says everytime he finds a close parking spot wherever we are.

4:13 PM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

Juuust wait. Give it time. You still have what? 3 more days?? Hah!

9:15 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

Day 2: Still paradise or have the natives revolted?

1:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to discourage you....BUT you are in the honeymoon phase....JUST WAIT!

I'm waiting for the little one to get up a few times in the night....the older kids decide to experiment with comet and make pictures in the carpet....potty training to go out the window....and all craziness to break loose!
Wishing you luck though!

4:26 PM

 
Blogger Heather said...

I'm just amazed that you made the bed, cleaned the kitchen and picked up the living room. Most of the Dads I know seem to forget the cleaning aspect of it all while Mom is away.

10:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...how did you survive

7:53 AM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

uh oh. No new posts? Did he make it? Maybe he's still out looking for Benji!

12:27 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

DUDE

Post something . . . anything . . . we're starving out here for some MIM

7:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home