Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Lowering expectations

Ben,Syd, and the kiddos are out of town. How I come by this information is top secret but I am a truthful mole if there was one. I also know the secret combination to crack into MIM and do a little bit of damage . . . . . but alas I won't.

I did promise to post in Ben's stead while he was off galavanting through fields of corn (not that they are actually doing that but it puts a nice mental image in your head). The problem is that my expectations of a "guest blogger" are high, really high, and I fear I will fall short, so I've determined to just start off with low expectations and when I meet those I will feel satisfaction and be able to point at this post and say with ignorant pride "Look what I did!!". Ben of course will roll his eyes and shake his head and say in a mumble "that's the last time I ask Katie for anything."

So what to post? Hmmmmmmmm, the witty part of my brain seems to be malfunctioning or is set on a timer to go off at an inappropriate time. Like when you are in a very serious meeting and you think of a really funny joke or completely inapproriate comment or pun and you just can't help but giggle and then you get the look of death from those around you and that only makes you giggle more because if they knew what you knew those looks of seriousness (or just constipation) would soon be replaced by joyful laughing (or fear). Why do people laugh when they are scared? I have. Is that part of our emotions in our brain so close togehter that the electrical charges get a bit woppy-jawed (embrace this word and use it in conversation, it always gets a good reaction)?

Well as I said Ben, Syd, and the kiddos are off doing something, and they left me here to entertain you, or at least to not bore you so much that you never return. That was my one goal, to not drive off all of Ben's readers, so if you come back tomorrow and the next day than I will have reached my pitiful goal.

Ok, that's it for me. Hopefully Ben and the crew will be back soon so this post will mosey its way down the page after being replaced with much more entertaining and Ben-style publications.

3 Comments:

Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

Woppy-jawed. I like that.

Try saying it real fast 10 times - ends up coming out joppy-wawed, which is almost better!

Anyway, you must have entertained me, I was compelled to leave a comment!

Hope the MIM clan enjoys their get away!

1:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I *always* get giggley when I'm nervous.

8:10 AM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

Hi Katie for Ben!

I often wonder about the "why people laugh when they are scared" (or nervous). I've learned this about my 16 year old daughter. She'll be laughing when her father is lecturing her or she's about to get tackled by her angry brother. Is this fits of joy, or fits of nerves?

All I know is, it's not a safe trait to have!

Thanks for filling in for Ben!

8:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home