Tuesday, February 27, 2007

An overabundance of activity.

Where the heck have I been? Here... I have things to say... but I have been too lazy to post them. For example, I had a busy weekend. I took Friday off and Jake and I went to the Timberwolves game... we ate popcorn and drank pop and howled when the howl-o-meter came up as our opponents were shooting free throws. Jake chased down the cotton candy guy and we had a great time over all. Got home by about 1:30 and then I got up the next morning at about 7 am. I was in charge of the technology for the Beth Moore women's conference that was held at our church on Saturday. It was the first women's conference I have ever attended and it did not disappoint me. There was a lot of hugging and hand holding... kind of what I expected. Beth Moore is a pretty good speaker though. So that was good. It snowed about 12 inches over the weekend, so I had to blow out the driveway with the tractor. That is always exciting... and then after Church on Sunday, we went to our friends and snowmobiled with a bunch of friends pulling kids on sleds with snowmobiles and 4 wheelers. Which was fun, until the tire of the 4 wheeler I was on ran over my best friend's daughter. Fortunately, we were not going real fast and it was kind of a freak accident that was tough to avoid. When you would slow up, the sled would run along side of the 4 wheeler because of momentum and then the wheel would run over the rope and then draw the sled in towards the wheel. Kind of spooky seeing it all happen. The problem was that I had a nine year old girl riding with me thinking she could control the trottle and I told her that she needed to slow down because she was going too fast... so I was trying to control too many things... including a little girl that doesn't follow instruction well. Anyway, Regan was fine... just a little spooked... and who can blame her.

So, that was my weekend... full of howling, hand holding, hugging, snowblowing and spookiness.

It was a plethora of activity.

5 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

WOW that's a lot

oh and it was in the 70's down here this weekend

9:38 AM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

Wow. I never doubted you are a busy guy, but you were super-duper busy this weekend!

I hope you never have to post anymore spookiness...that was just about too much spookiness for me. Glad your friend's daughter is okay though, and maybe she'll start listening better now...at least to you, right?!?

1:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, you ran over a little girl?

i ran over my dog once. she died.

i'm glad the little girl didn't die.

:: TRAUMATIC ::

12:21 PM

 
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Wow.

I think I need a nap now. How are you still standing?

5:03 PM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

Me too. Too busy to post anymore.

I've been to a Beth Moore conference and done several of her bible studies. An incredible woman of God! Pretty cool that you got to hear her speak.

So you got buried too, huh? When is spring again?

7:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home