Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I am KING (of gadgets)!

Hear me tinker!

So last week I bought something that I could probably live without... but I really wanted... and since it was gadgety... I had to get... (WITH the approval of my wife I might add.)


I love the fact that Sydney gets me and that she realizes that I have something deep down inside of me that makes me want NEED gadgets. She doesn't understand why I am so driven by them; however, thankfully she does understand that my very breath of life depends on having gadgets... and that if I don't have them, I will die as I am gasping for air. And because she loves AND respects me... she wants to keep me around. So when I start to quiver and wheeze from gadget withdrawal, she races me to the nearest electronic store so that I can purchase something. (Trust me, it's cheaper than the Emergency Room... by a few dollars anyway.)


Anyway, back to my point... The gadget that I purchased was a:






I love this thing. I mean who WOULDN'T want a GPS that straps to your arm. It is great, because now I don't have to mark out a route with my car before I run 10 miles... I can just start running and keep track of my miles as I go and when I get to 10 miles... or 15 (like I have to run on Saturday), I can stop running. This GPS has a display for current speed, average speed, distance traveled, time traveled which are why I really needed this item... but it also has so many more features like: a two way radio, a cellular phone, a shortwave radio so I can receive broadcasts from the other side of the globe... a thermometer, a mp3 player and a candy dispenser. (In case I get hungry.)

Okay... maybe it doesn't have all of the aforementioned, but it is pretty cool. And I can wear it on my wrist when I am running and I know what pace I am running so I can train for my marathon properly. That, and if I ever get lost in the woods, I have a compass to help me find my way out... AND it is waterproof so if I fall into a lake or river while I am finding my way out of the woods... in the middle of the night... (Because the LCD screen glows a brilliant shade of yellow because it is BACKLIT) ...it won't get wrecked. Although I don't believe it floats. (That would be a nice feature.)

Anyway... gotta run! (With my GPS strapped to my wrist.)
*QUIVER*... *WHEEZE*

4 Comments:

Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

See what a little love AND respect will get you! :P

Trevor and I are planning on getting a GPS for when we go hiking in Colorado this summer. Just thinking about obtaining such a gadget is exciting. I can only imagine how it feels to own one already. I’m very jealous.

I totally agree, though. It should float. It should also have a mini propeller to help you swim to the side of the lake after you fall in. Either that or an inflatable raft. Or a helicopter thingy like in Inspector Gadget. That would be soooooo cool!

11:48 PM

 
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Cool gadget.
How accurate is it?

It is sure great to have an understanding and support wife.

7:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coooooooooooool.

6:49 AM

 
Blogger Katie said...

NERD

2:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home