Friday, April 06, 2007

Benji's Girl... It could have been a popular 80's song.

"Jesse is a friend...
You know he has been a good friend of mine...
But lately somethin’s changed, it ain’t hard to define...
Jesse’s got himself a girl and I want to make her mine. "

I don’t know why I like this song so much... I have no friend named Jesse; so if he has himself a girl, I wouldn’t know it... and if I did know Jesse, I wouldn’t want his girl because I have my own. In all likelyhood, Jesse would forget all about his girl and he would want my girl. The fact of the matter is, Jesse would be singing:

"And she's watching him with those eyes
And she's lovin' him with that body, I just know it
Yeah and he's holding her in his arms late, late at night

You know, I wish that I had Benji’s girl,
I wish that I had Benji’s girl
Where can I find a woman like that

I play along with the charade,
there doesn't seem to be a reason to change
You know, I feel so dirty when they start talking cute
I wanna tell her that I love her, but the point is probably mute

Cause she's watching him with those eyes
And she's lovin' him with that body, I just know it
And he's holding her in his arms late, late at night

You know, I wish that I had Benji’s girl,
I wish that I had Benji’s girl
Where can I find a woman like that

Like Benji’s girl, I wish that I had Benji’s girl
Where can I find a woman, where can I find a woman like that

And I'm lookin' in the mirror all the time,
wondering what she don't see in me
I've been funny, I've been cool with the lines
Ain't that the way love supposed to be

Tell me, where can I find a woman like that
You know, I wish that I had Benji’s girl, I wish that I had Benji’s girl
I want Benji’s girl, where can I find a woman like that,
like Benji’s girl, I wish that I had Benji’s girl,
I want, I want Benji’s girl "

Cause really, who WOULDN’T want Benji’s girl? Yes internet... Sydney is that beautiful. Without question, Jesse would most definitely want Sydney. And his girl would be all mad because she heard him singing about Sydney. I can't believe that Jesse would treat her like that... idiot.

Anyway... that was just the thought that passed through my mind as I was listening to that song. Crazy, I know.

Still like the song though.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted pictures just for you..with your FAVORITE person of all time.

6:01 PM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

I just saw Rick Springfield this past summer!! LOL!! I listened to his cassette tape over and over and over when I was like....13? I go crazy when that song comes on!

Too funny.

11:17 PM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

You crack me up. I love how you love your wife.

2:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home