Monday, April 02, 2007

Bleeding from the nipples is never a good thing...

This weekend, I learned something new. Nipples can bleed.

I don't know why this thought has never crossed my mind before... (maybe it's because my nipples have never bled before.) ...but boy is it ever apparent right now. I feel like a mother whose nipples have been gnawed and sucked on by a set of quadruplets... to get that last drop. (At least in my mind, this is what it MUST feel like.)

Anyway, yesterday I discovered that marathon runners have different ailments that they suffer from... one of which is chaffing of the nipples against your shirt. You don't even feel it until, suddenly, they are bleeding. After I got done running 15 miles with a friend who is training with me... He said, "Are you bleeding?" I looked down and my shirt was red where my right nipple is located. My immediate response was, "Hm. I guess I am... wonder why that is?" My friend Mark informed me that during the marathon, there are runners that come in that have red streaks of blood all the way down their shirts... So he told me about something that will help that called body glide... so I guess I will check into that.

In the mean time... my nipples sting like they have never stung before.

For whatever reason, Sydney did not offer me an ounce of sympathy... She just said, "You haven't experienced anything in terms of pain until your children have sucked on you until your nipples bleed and then you get a plugged milk duct."

I will leave you with that mental picture for chew on...

Whatever the case... my nipples hurt.

7 Comments:

Blogger JLR said...

Well, I feel sorry for you! My roommate in college got her nipples pierced (so did my boyfriend, but that's another story), and she had, um, coagulation issues. That alone was enough to stop me from even considering having it done. I can imagine that it hurts quite a bit to be all chafed up.

But I think Sydney's right not to feel sorry for you, considering.

12:06 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

BANDAIDS


And sick

And HA what Sydney said (except I've never experienced anything that she described but ugh it sounds painful and much worse than a little running nip bleed)

1:05 PM

 
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Dude. Oh.. what katie said.

Yeah.

Bandaids.

I'll pray for you.
I've never prayed for nipples before....

"Dear Lord, it's a tad bit nipply today....."

Blessings to you. (Ow)

3:14 PM

 
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Get some nip guards. I hear they work really well. Bandaids sometimes sweat off...

11:59 PM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

Your posts kill me! I think I've heard it all now. And nip guards? Oh.my.word.

I'm on board with Syndey - imagine having these "sore nipples" and now let a baby latch on and suck real hard!

I definitely learned something new today - bleeding nipples from running....

8:46 AM

 
Blogger Greg said...

Nip Guards?

Are there such a thing?

I am intrigued... yet scared to google.

11:36 AM

 
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

NipGuards

4:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home