Wednesday, August 08, 2007

No News is Good News...

Well... the interview went really well. Great actually. At least from my perspective. I would say that out of all the interviews I have had in my life... this one was the best. I was comfortable. Enjoyed my time, was myself... what they saw will be what they get. The nice thing is that I don't need a job, so I was interviewing them as much as they were interviewing me.

They have one more candidate coming in this Friday. I had a really good feeling when I left the interview. So if I go with my gut... I think I may get offered the job. If I do, I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do. I have been going back and forth between what is best for me professionally and what is best for my family.

Granted, they have to offer me the job and they need to offer me the right salary... so much needs to happen before I can seriously consider it. Also, what will my current school do? Will they counter and try and keep me? Needless to say things are up in the air.

Regardless of what happens, it has been a good experience...

Just wish I didn't have to move... if I take the job... if they even offer it to me.

No news is good news... because then I don't have to make a decision.

5 Comments:

Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

Thanks for keeping us posted. I've been wondering what's been going on with the job situation. The great thing about it is God is in control and what is supposed to happen will happen. Whatever you are supposed to do, God will make it clear. (I've learned that from all the job situations my husband has had to deal with). It's a bit scary sometimes, especially when you know you have a wife and kids to look after, but you hear God, you are a smart man, and you love your family. How could this not work out for your own benefit?

I'll keep praying,
Melissa

P.S. Did you send the interviewer(s) an email or note to thank them for the interview? It's a good way to keep them thinking about you!

3:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Melissa... and especially about the thank you note.

Good luck!

10:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, so if they offer the job, and it is the right salary, you have to move? Move offices/schools, or move cities, move from your home, etc.?

11:27 AM

 
Blogger Greg said...

Jes-

If they offer the job and the right salary, then we will have to move. From my office, from my school, from my home, from my city... pretty much the whole nine yards.

I hate moving and I am a creature of habit. That and I am not moving anywhere exciting like San Fransisco. ;)

12:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...Where might you be moving to?
I was going to add to send a thank you note...but I was beat to the punch.
You know...God will make it clear to you all. We are struggling with the same exact decision right now...the move would be to a different country. Probably not going to do it...but right now we are in prayer about it. I will add your job to my list.

9:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home