Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Don’t tell Sydney that she has got it easy or she will have to strike you.

Moving is stressful and it seems like there is an endless amount of junk to pack. The task seems insurmountable and daunting. Fortunately for me, I have been up here working my new job. Unfortunately for Sydney, I have been up here working my new job... Not that I would have been much help anyway, I must say that I tend to be lazy. Sydney needs a cattle prod to get me moving sometimes… That said, I will say that after she cut the Direct TV a few weeks ago, I did get a little more accomplished on the weekends.

Anyway, when I was negotiating my contract up here, I negotiated moving expenses… up to $5,000 to be exact. So, we don’t have to do a lot of packing. The moving company will come in and pack us and then they will unload the truck and unpack us on this end. We feel like we are lower-upper class or… at least upper-middle class because we are having someone move us. All of our friends have made the comment to Sydney that, “it must be nice to have someone do all the moving.”

If you want to see a flash of fire in someone’s eyes… tell Sydney she has got it easy. What people don’t understand is that she has been preparing for this move without the help her husband, (not that he would have been a lot of help… because he is lazy… see above.) and she has had four kids to take care of in the mix. There have been things to sort and certain items to pack… and you still have to be organized even though someone else is doing the packing… She is tired and is about ready for a break.

So, internet… while the move is easier because someone is moving us… Sydney hasn’t had it easy.

Me on the other hand? Easy Street.

So if you would like to contact us in the future:

My new address is 930 Easy Street.
Sydney’s new address is 930 Not-So-Easy-Street.

(Boy, I sure hope that we still get to see each other... not living on the same street and all.)

What's the point of this post?

Simply that: Sydney is a Saint.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've moved 9 times in the last 10 years. (I've lived in 7 different states). With that being said, I know the fury poor Sydney must feel when she hears those words! When you are moving 4 kids, having movers come and pack and unpack isn't a luxury, it's a necessity! Add on the task of selling a house (with hubby out of town) and 4 kids to pick up after while showing the house. Yeah, let's just say Sydney is a saint, although she is much more than that! May she be blessed with a day of luxury and relaxation once you all get settled in! (*hint, hint)

8:22 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

Ben = LUCKY MAN

Enough Said!

12:29 PM

 
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Haven't been here in forever, but it's good to see that your wife is still taking good care of you. You've got it made, pal!

After all these months, I'm still leading the Nerd Card Competition. Go me!

9:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you all get to be together!! YAY! I know she has missed you terribly.
Hey...please drop a line. Need to make contact with Sydney if possible

1:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home