Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Jealousy rears its ugly head again...

Is it "it's" ugly head or "its" ugly head? I ALWAYS goof that word up. It's my achillies heal in grammar.

Anyway, I must admit that I am coveting... and that is not a good thing because "thou shalt not covet, dangit!" (Dangit was added for effect... the word dangit is not in the original ten commandments.) Anyway, I am admitting that I am jealous right now... and it bites. I have met some really cool friends thru my blog and I see all of these people living in a land far from Minnesota... getting together, playing games, eating cookies and drinking pop, meeting each other and making fun of each other... and I am jealous. Don't get me wrong... I am happy for my friends that they are eating, drinking and being merry... but for Sydney and I, we are left out. Not a good deal... of course the response I will get from this post is "Move.To.Texas." Which sounds good in theory... but in reality is not going to happen. I can't imagine not living in Minnesota.... where the fishing is great... Snow is the norm... there are no poisionous bugs or snakes... No earthquakes or hurricanes...Just a few west nile carrying mosquitoes and a tornado every now and then... That's all we have to worry about.

LONG... SUMO (even) introduction to the following thought... do you find that you covet alot, or is it just me? The Lord has blessed us with a group of friends up here that we "roll with." This group is the same group that we have marriage retreats with and a fantasy football league with... so we are not short on friends by any means... but why is it that it's not enough? Why is it that we want it all... we see other friends getting together somewhere else and we get jealous... because we are missing out. Someone gets something new... a new car, or pickup... or four wheeler... and we think, "Wow. I wish I could get something new like that..." We are a people who are never satisfied. Why is it that we are not satisfied with where the Lord has placed us?

Just a thought...

So, in order to get over my jealousy... I just tell myself. They didn't REALLY have any fun... and Eddie PROBABLY wasn't that funny. And Katie's cookies... I am SURE they were really bland... nothing special. The chocolate brown color of Amstaff's walls were IN ALL PROBABILITY really not that warm and inviting. Jes was ALMOST CERTAINLY very quiet and reserved. And when Cav asked what a "Toe Be Gone" was... I KNOW I wouldn't have laughed until my eyes watered. So I tell myself anyway...

So Jealous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home