Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The one where I can't think of a title so I am just going to ramble for a bit so that I can make a memorable title for all who read my posts...

Well, things are getting back to normal... I think. First 2 weeks since the students arrived have been crazy, but I would think that things would begin to settle down. Wish I could tell you something really exciting has happened since I last posted, but pretty much nothing has. Just been enjoying life with the family.

The exciting news is that this weekend I will be preaching at my church. We are in between pastors and so the elders have been given an opportunity to preach if we feel led. So I volunteered to preach. I will be preaching on 1 Corinthians 9: 24-27.

24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27 No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Paul is amazingly accurate when he compares our walk with the Lord with the idea of running a race. So, from a runners perspective, I am going to take my experiences as a runner and compare them to what Paul is telling the Corinthians. I used to be a runner in High School... and I quit running for about 14 years... but I am back into the swing of things running everyday... so I guess I can classify myself as a runner again. After all, a runner is someone who runs. And I have been running... so I am a runner. Follow the logic? ANYWAY, Should be a good sermon I hope. I don't have to worry though... for it's not me that is doing this, but it's the Lord who will be speaking through me. I think too many times we, as Christian,s feel like we are doing this on our own. What we need to remember is that it is God who is speaking through us. We just need to be willing vessels. So I have been praying that He uses me in a mighty way.

Anyway, I am excited to preach the Gospel. Should be fun.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Way to go Ben McMinn, very proud of your running & preaching skillZ.

I'm trying to get back into running. I'm thinking of signing up for a race in Nov. It's a half marathon. Wish me LOTS of luck, I'll need it.

1:14 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

so now you just need to figure out how to tape it and then post it so that we can all learn something from you

3:32 PM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

Pastor Benjammin?

6:30 PM

 
Blogger Chandra said...

Thats is so true, it sounds awesome. And yes GOD will be guiding you so no worries. It is so exciting to share GOD with others.

12:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool, Ben. J.P. has preached at our church a handful of times, and he always gets more out of it than the congregation does.

I hope it goes well for you!

2:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home