Wednesday, August 09, 2006

It's a date!

Sydney and I are going to be running a 5k and a 10k on Saturday. The day has finally arrived. I started working out to get in shape and lose some weight... but I figured since I was running I might as well have some fun and run a race. I asked Sydney if I found a 5k for her to run if she would and as always, she was a trooper and said yes. So we are going out on our first "running" date. Should be fun. Sydney and I will farm out the kids and on friday night, drive up to the cities to enjoy an evening out. Then we will wake up at 6 am on Saturday morning so we can be at the starting line by 8 o'clock. And then... we will see what happens.

No matter what, it is something that Sydney and I are doing together and that will make it special. We have been an encouragement to each other and it has helped us to remain dedicated to this lifestyle change. To date, I have lost 19 pounds and Sydney has lost around 10 pounds.

Both of us are looking fit. It feels good.

11 Comments:

Blogger Charlyn said...

Great job you guys! I'm jealous! I know how hard it is to take off, and oh so easy to put back on. It's so much easier when you do it together! :)

Good luck!

3:03 PM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

Congrats! Sharing this together will make it that much more memorable.

3:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've noticed you haven't been very witty lately. Hum...having a little too much pizza eh? *snicker

3:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's very cool. Encouraging each other to be healthy. Let us know how it goes:)

4:29 PM

 
Blogger amelia said...

Way to go! Can't wait to hear how it goes. Races are so much fun!

7:21 PM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

I can't believe it's already time for the races. I hope you both have fun!

8:40 PM

 
Blogger Eddo said...

Very Cool. I am proud of you both.

By the way, BigWhiteHat found sydney's blog and raved about the design. He went on and on about it. He asked me if I had done it and I said "no" it was her husband and I said it wasn't my style - which wasn't a snub, just a statment, and he said, "I really like his style" and I told him I would pass on the compliments. I do have to apologize because sometimes I am a bit harsh when it comes to design, I think everyone should like EXACTLY what I like - which is rude and arrogant and immature. I hope I have never made you feel like your designs weren't "up to par" in my eyes. I know I have made a lot of people feel that way and I need to keep my mouth shut most of the time.

9:40 PM

 
Blogger David Edward said...

have a great run
I will be high in the rockies
I will pray for you both.
God speed!

10:32 AM

 
Blogger Katie said...

you've both been working hard for this, i hope you have fun

11:32 AM

 
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Great job guys! I signed up for a 5k today. I wanna lose 19 lbs!!!

11:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys: that's awesome! If only I could achieve the same results by sitting on my @$$ and not doing a thing.

Geez. I'm so lazy.

1:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home