Monday, July 31, 2006

Tigers vs. Twins

It was the best of times. It WAS the worst of times.

It was the best of times because Jake and I spent the day at the Metrodome. We had great seats, 10 rows up behind home plate. We had our jerseys on and we were eating dome dogs and brats, eating chips and popcorn and cracker jacks... as well as guzzling pop. We were watching the Detroit Tiger's beating up on the Minnesota Twins... like this throw from center field to tag Castillo out at home plate:


After the 7th inning stretch, the Tigers were leading 3-0 and I remember thinking, "Two more innings and it's over." Life was good at that moment. ...that is until the bottom of the eighth. At this point, it became the worst of times. The Twins rallied and next thing you know it was 6 to 3 and the stadium was going wild including, Jake, Uncle Eric and my nephew Blake. All I could do was laugh and shake my head. I will say, that if there was a game that I am glad the Twins won, it would be this one. Jake has been deciding whether he was going to be a Twins fan or a Detroit Tigers fan... and this week, he decided (after much wavering back and forth) on the Twins. So we bought him a jersey. For his sake, and my pocket book, I am glad that the Twins won because this will solidify his loyalty to the Twins and I won't have to purchase another jersey. But anytime your team loses... it is a tough pill to swallow. So my day was bitter sweet.... Spending time with Jake enjoying the afternoon... making memories... but my team lost.

Oh well... Detroit won the Series 2-1 and is still currently the best team in baseball... so all hope is not lost.

Good Times.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben,
Don't worry about offending me. I am always open to other peoples' opinions. In fact, I need them... escpecially a man's point of view on this one.

I really shook my husband's whole world when I did that. He is still shaking his head on this one. I am here for the long haul. And I will need to make sure he knows that.

I think we need to have a discussion and both decide to never, ever bring up the D word. I think the more you toss that word around, the more it becomes an option.

And, sadly, in the heat of the moment, it looked like an option to me. This will have to change. But thanks for sharing your point of view as a man. And thanks for being real about it.

11:20 AM

 
Blogger Eddo said...

umm... I don't like baseball... and yes, you Minnesotans do talk like that - I watched Bobby's world growing up dontchaknow!!

4:08 PM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

Not to make you jealous or anything, but we're taking the kids to the Packer family fun night this Saturday. Can't wait to see thier faces! And I heard it is going to be televised! Cool!

8:39 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Fun!

10:51 AM

 
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Baseball = summer

(except it's always too hot to go to the games down here in Texas...)

12:13 PM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

That sounded like so much fun, even if it was bittersweet. Sometimes it's more fun to watch your kid enjoy the victory. ;)

I'd like to go to a game, but it's too hot here, and I probably wouldn't be comfortable sitting in the seats at this point in my pregnancy...but the brats sound really good. I could go for a brat...even if it's still breakfast time.

9:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home