Wednesday, July 19, 2006

"Eatin' Pizza"

So my posts have been lacking a certain amount of wit or humor to them lately... Yesterday, I began to think about this and how my humor quotient goes in cycles... I am funny for about 2 weeks straight and then I go into a drought and then it picks up again... Anyway, as I was driving home last night, I began to think about the Seinfeld episode where George decides to abstain from Sex (yes capital "S" ... guys always think of Sex with a capital letter) and he discovers that the longer he abstains, the smarter he gets... and he becomes some research scientist involved with all these experiments ...and then at the end, he gives into his Sex drive just as he has to give this big speech... and he is a complete idiot.

*Side Story* Sydney and I celebrated her "Golden Birthday" when she was 25 and we had our friends Mark and Erin take Jake and Micker Mackers for the night... So we stayed in an AmericInn in the jacuzzi suite... well that evening they called because they had a question about one of the kids and Mark asked, "What cha' doing?" My response was, "Eatin' Pizza." To which his response was, "Ooh, So that's what you call it..." Ever since then, Sydney and I have referred to Sex as "Eatin' Pizza."

Back to my thoughts as I was driving home:

So I was thinking last night that I am kind of like George Castanza and that there might be a correlation between the amount of "pizza we eat" and how funny I am. That somehow, my humor quotient increases exponetially as the amount of pizza consumed decreases. For example, we didn't eat any pizza last night... have you noticed that I am funnier today? Most of you know that both Sydney and I have been working out... and as we have dropped in weight, we have had a craving for more pizza. As the pizza intake has increased, my humor quotient has decreased.... a lot. (What can I say? We have consumed A LOT of pizza lately... and we aren't just talking those $1.00 Totino's Pizza's they sell at Walmart, but the Pizza Supreme with the Stuffed Crust pizza from Pizza Hut...)

So, there you have it... my posts havent been very funny because we have been "eatin' a lot of pizza" lately.

Can I just add that the pizza has been extremely delicious? ... or is that too much information?

18 Comments:

Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

I hope you aren't struggling with the decision to be funny or eat pizza.

Hey, if I had to choose between eating pizza or being funny, I think I'd have to go with the pizza...but that's just me... ;)

And I think your wife gets a say-so in whether or not you get to avoid pizza for the sake of being funny. Don't worry, if she really thinks you are lacking in the sense of humor department, she'll cut you off...and her opinion is the only one that matters, right? She is after all, in a sense, the pizza delivery girl!

or you could just keep blogging about pizza...that topic seems to be funny and then you have the best of both worlds...

9:23 AM

 
Blogger Greg said...

HA! That's FUNNY! I never thought about it, but Sydney IS the pizza delivery girl. Better make sure I tip her well. ;)

9:28 AM

 
Blogger Eddo said...

OMW!!!

Instead of using innuendo you should just give us

9:54 AM

 
Blogger Eddo said...

ooops!

You should just give us all the exact dates, duration, enjoyment level on a scale of 1-10.

Funny thing about the Pizza... I heard a quote once.

Sex is like Pizza, even when it's bad it's still pretty good. Or maybe it was Pizza is like Sex, even when it's bad it is still pretty good. Either way you get the idea.

9:56 AM

 
Blogger Greg said...

Eddie-

Based on my theory, you should already have this information. Just look at past posts and determine how funny they were. You have the dates, if they are not funny at all, then you should have some indication of duration and enjoyment level.

lol.

10:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my. Words cannot form in my mind with this information you have fed me.

11:40 AM

 
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Uh, okay...WOW!

You crack me up!

Yeah...I'm speechless. Absolutely speechless.

3:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO. Seriously, that was a good one.

4:30 PM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

That was definitely a funny post!

Now go eat some pizza to celebrate.

4:32 PM

 
Blogger amelia said...

oh.my.word.

6:36 PM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

A-hem. *plugging ears singing La La La....*

I will never think of pizza the same! LOL!

9:09 AM

 
Blogger Heather said...

I don't know that I'll ever be able to have pizza delivered again. That doorbell rings and all I'll be hearing in my head is "Boom Chicka Mowow"

2:43 PM

 
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Wow. I'm married and yet I think I'm still blushing. Think of all the "innocents" out there.

It was a pretty funny post though. Maybe the theory is right. Although, that sure is a short turn-around time. geesh!

Pizza delivery girl. That was funny.

1:31 PM

 
Blogger a suburban housewife said...

I think this post kinda blows the whole, "I'm only funny when I don't eat pizza" theory right outta the water...

5:47 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

TO MUCH INFORMATION

And it seems that pizza has gotten in the way of posting (funny or not). Come on Ben, you owe us something.

2:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on, Pizza Eaters!!! I love this post! I had pizza for breakfast!!! No, I ACTUALLY ate a slice of pizza. Sicko.

:-)

6:47 AM

 
Blogger Eddo said...

Christmas Ben! PUT DOWN THE PIZZA and post for crying out loud... :)

8:14 PM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

Yeah, I'm with Eddo...Put down the pizza (just for a few minutes) and give us something...it doesn't even have to be funny! The pizza will still be there when you get back!

10:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home