Thursday, June 22, 2006

My life has come to a new all time low...


I have an MBA and my 7 year old son STILL beat me in NFL Monopoly... *ahem* the first time he ever played the game... *ahem* by over $4,000.00. Internet, it was a sad sight... by the end of the game, Jake was rooting for me to land on free parking... all I wanted was to end the game so the bleeding would stop. Jake was like, "I know, I only owe you $12.00 for landing on the Baltimore Ravens, but I want to give you $50.00 dad." My response was, "Jake you don't owe me $12.00... the team is mortgaged." To which Jake responded, "Oh. That's too bad dad." So, he was trying to stop the hemorrhaging for me; although, he has this irritating habit of kissing the dice... so he wasn't completely philanthropic.

The sad part is that I had him right where I wanted him... I had the Denver Broncos and the Green Bay Packers (Boardwalk and Park Place) and he didn't have a monopoly and couldn't get one... In order to own three-fourths of the board, I had my properties mortgaged to the hilt so that I could continue to buy more... where he was just storing up his cash. My biggest mistake was that I should have waited to trade the Washington Redskins for the New England Patriots until AFTER I had my properties unmortgaged AND I had enough money stored up to place bleachers and stadiums on my monopoly...

Trust me... I have been thinking about this all night; replaying each move in my mind and how I could have played things differently. Although... Jake skated through The Denver Broncos and the Green Bay Packers EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. It was so sad... I couldn't get a break.

I wonder if this is what it feels like to lose the Super Bowl...

12 Comments:

Blogger Charlyn said...

Someone's gotta win, right??

Way to "be" dad!!

8:51 AM

 
Blogger Greg said...

UMMM....I think Jake was starting to feel bad because you were somewhat sour. As far as kissing the dice...welcome to my world honey when I play you! Do you need to even ask where he gets it????? I don't. Your looking at yourself there honey.....Ha ha ha ha .... I love it...

8:53 AM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

Well, maybe he doesn't like the Greenbay Packers or the Denver Broncos...why would he stop by? ;)

Oh yes, I have two phrases for you - rules to live by...

You live and learn: Now you know what all that debt can do!

Beginner's Luck: He was destined to win that game since he'd never played before!

Looks to me like you didn't have a chance!

And if it makes you feel better, I have a kid (or 2) who really like to (oh so innocently) rub it in when they are beating me or my husband at a game. They get it from their dad TOO! ;)~

9:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didnt even know about this game. I am going to have to pick this up for my son (ahem)...husband.

9:19 AM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

Did she just say a swear word?

Doesn't like the Packers!

Hmph.

9:41 AM

 
Blogger Greg said...

Shenna-

I KNOW! I just chose to ignore it thinking I heard wrong. ;)

9:47 AM

 
Blogger Katie said...

HA

Hmmmm so you are getting just a small taste of what those around you experience by knowing YOU. Syd is right, me thinks Jake is the Ben mini-me.

And AHAHAHAHAHAHA you got SCHOOLED by your son.

10:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Jake is SO SWEET. Will he give ME fifty dollars, too?

Anyhoo, I think you should challenge him to the best two out of three.

Except, then again, he's ONLY SEVEN. This is a good memory for him.

2:18 PM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

You feel better after your "apple" comment? I picked up a little bit of bitterness in that comment. :) You really don't lose well, do you? heh heh

Well, for the record, I'm simply suggesting your son may not care for the Packers...I wasn't talking about myself, my mother might disown me if I felt that way!

But kids do have a way of knowing how to really get to their parents...this may have been his own little way of telling you how he really feels! That's all I'm saying! But don't worry too much about it...I'm sure it's just a phase...yeah, that's it...just a phase! ;)

6:08 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

HI-LARIOUS!!

So super funny! Boy, it's been a few days since I popped in, and look what I miss! The Jess post was hilarious, by the way! :)

12:33 AM

 
Blogger Jenny said...

Awwwww. So funny!

8:09 AM

 
Blogger Eddo said...

ha ha. That is funny. I am not a fan of Monopoly because it takes soooooooooooooooooo long!!! ACK!

And I don't think losing one game of Monopoly can equate to losing the superbowl because of the time invested in each. Trust me, when the Mavs lost the finals I was upset because of all the time I had invested in watching them and because we got so close! ugh.

12:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home