Monday, June 12, 2006

"We got HOSED Tommy... we just got HOSED!

No Jamaica! Can you believe it?? We got suckered with the "old bait and switch."

We listened to the guy's 60 minute "spiel" on timeshares... we now have times shares in 36 different states including Guam and Puerto Rico... but we don't get to go to Jamaica! Are you kidding me? We get to the front desk after the presentation and we read the vacation voucher and Jamaica was not an option!

Ben: "WHAT? Mary told us that Jamaica was one of the choices... can we switch this to the vacation for 4 to Valley Fair in Minneapolis?

Irritated Receptionist: "That has never been one of our options."

Ben: "Somebody probably should tell Mary that then."

Walking out the door...

Ben: "We just got HOSED Tommy... we just got HOSED!"

Although I said it just loud enough for Sydney to hear it... I really can't complain too loudly when we were enjoying a free stay at their resort. And it was enjoyable. The condo was pretty big... so we invited Sydney's Brother and his wife and kids to come down and enjoy the weekend with us... So Jake, Mickers, Bug Bug and Benjino received an "extra surprise" and got to enjoy their cousins. We had a great time.

It wasn't a total loss... we do get to choose between Orlando, Las Vegas, San Francisco, New Orleans, or Cancun Mexico... so we have the option... BUT No Jamaica.

SO internent... where should we travel now that Jamaica is out of the question??

In short:
It was a great weekend! I would do it again in a heartbeat! Free weekend in exchange for a 60 minute speech? Sure count me in! (And to clarify... I was kidding... we didn't purchase a time share in 36 different states.)

I am the King of being able to say "No."

13 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

and if one of those 36 states was the grand state of TEXAS and you did in fact say "no" then I really am beginning to question your commitment to this friendship

HARUMPH

Jamaicia is overblown, come on down to Texas and you will feel like you are in a different country

glad the weekend was fun :)

11:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooooo lost. What? Is there a back-story on this that I am missing? Can you point me toward it?

1:52 PM

 
Blogger Greg said...

Jes-

Wednesday June 7th.

2:02 PM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

Oh Good! You DID say no! I was afraid you fell for that one! Orlando is fun when it's not too hot! San Francisco is nice too. Haven't been to the other places though! Glad you all had fun. I was curious how it went!

4:04 PM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

Ha! Had to laugh. I've always turned down the ones that make me sit through 60 min spiels. But it seems to have paid off for you. Sorta.

Pick a place you'd never normally go on your own dollar.

Mary needs a refresher in fibbing, I guess.

4:33 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

BOO!

But I didn't know that you still had the option to travel elsewhere! That's good!

If I were you, I would take the wife and kids to Orlando (and then go to Disney)... but that's just me. :)

6:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had a good time. I agree with Jennboree . . . go somewhere you wouldn't otherwise go.

7:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erp. This is what happens when I scroll down to the last post I read and read that first.

Atleast you got a good weekend out of it! They do make the timeshares sound very very tempting though .... Once we got home from our trip to Brainerd I looked up their timeshares online and saw a ton of them for sale ... if it's such a great deal why are so many people trying to sell theirs, huh?

Sorry you got hosed ... we kinda had the same feeling when we left. We did feel much better after stopping at Northern Lights in Walker and winning $150 though ...

7:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what my husband is here for. He always knows how to say no to pushy sales people. It's a good thing too b/c we'd probably own timeshares in 36 diff. countries if it were up to me.

9:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you got a free weekend away. Hope it was refreshing!! My husband is great on the whole "no" thing. I always ask him aren't you afraid of hurting their feelings? His response...not when it comes to my money!

11:06 PM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

May I suggest Caller I.D.? And then ignore the unknowns.

I hate getting hosed, and I've learned that nothing really is free - there is always a catch.

9:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come join us in Orlando next year at Disney??!! THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!

3:56 PM

 
Blogger Josefina said...

Of course there was a catch, but well, you had a really nice time and that's the most important!!
I wouldn't suggest Cancun now because of hurricane season, yet I don't know when are you planning to go...but it would be a nice option!!!

12:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home