Thursday, June 01, 2006

I was gone...

Gone Fishing that is....!


Did ya miss me?? I decided, last minute, to take a few extra days off and go fishing with my Father in-law. The first couple of pictures were on Sunday with the entire family and then the last one was when Gerry, Jake and I decided to go for a couple of days by ourselves.

So anyway, the picture above is Micker Mackers and me... this was her first Northern that she caught. Second cast and *BAM* it hit her line and she was so scared that she dropped her pole and ran the other direction... I finally convinced her to reel it in and that it wasn't going to "get" her. So this is the fish she caught.


This is a Picture of our family... Montley looking crew... but there is alot of love there. ;)
So, fun was had by all.


Believe it or not, we were standing on the side of a ditch casting into it from the road. The place we fished was Devil's Lake, ND. This lake continues to grow and it is consuming more and more farm land... so roads just disappear into the lake.... it's crazy that you can stand on the road and cast into the ditch and catch 4 & 5 pound Northern and Walleye. Anyway, good times! This is Jake and Grandpa after Jake landed this one. Jake was so pumped. I don't know who was more proud... Jake or Myself.

Nice fish Jake!

9 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

fun pics . . . go Mac and Jake

2:03 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

ben no catch fish?

2:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN!!! Looks like a hoot!

3:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does your shirt say "I'm a keeper?" Ha. How cute. I want one for my hubby...

4:02 PM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

Good times, good memories.

10:58 PM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

Wow, those fish are as big as the kids! I might have run from the fishing pole too had I thought about it from that perspective...haven't you heard about what happened to Jonah?

8:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to get back up there to fish.

I have a huge tackle box full of hardware for Northerns and Walleyes and here I am stuck in Colorado with nothing but trout to catch. *sigh*

9:17 AM

 
Blogger Josefina said...

Well, that's some good time there!!!

8:09 PM

 
Blogger Tim Rice said...

That sounds and looks like a really great time. Love the pics.

8:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home