Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Internet, I am dying... I don't have much longer to live.

Okay, maybe I am being a little mellow dramatic... but, I feel stressed. I swear I am going to die of a heart attack by age 35. So, this gives me a little over a year and a half to live. Just thought I would warn you now, while preparing myself for the inevitable.

Finances are going to be the death of me. I feel like they are never going in the right direction... Seems like we should be better off than we are... but it is simply not the case.

It's hard to describe, but when I get stressed, I feel a tightness through my chest. Not shooting pains or anything and my arm is not numb so I am not having a heart attack... but I am working on one... I am sure of it. Oh well, when it does come... it will happen quickly and I won't have to worry about finances anymore... so there IS a positive side to it.

I know we are not supposed to worry... but I can't help it. Call it a lack of trust, call it what you will... but when finances aren't where they should be... I worry. And it's my fault. I need to handle my money better than I do... but it's a fault. A hate finances so much... if I could just walk away from bills and finances... I would in a "heartbeat."

So there you have it. I am dying... send your "Get well soon" cards now, before it is too late. Preferably, send cards with money in them... this will delay the prognosis.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Ben! You should totally tell your boss that you will die if you do not receive a more substantial raise.

Isn't it odd how a little piece of paper (money) impacts our life so much? Gosh. I hate dealing with finances. Still, it's like it is REQUIRED of me or something.

11:49 AM

 
Blogger Aim Claim said...

GET WELL SOON!!!

Money stinks... wouldn't it be cool if we could use hugs as currency instead!

2:26 PM

 
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Ah, finances. I can sympathize. There's many a time I wish I would have planned better for a bigger income. But life does go on and with many blessings besides.

6:01 PM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

Well, don't die young if you can help it, or you will leave your beautiful wife and 3 lovely children alone to deal with the financial stress! (Plus you'll add on more bills with funeral costs).

Besides, (and I'm thinking selfishly here), who will entertain us with all these interesting posts?

I know the feeling though. My husband and I are still "setting a date" to do our budget. We are trying to follow the "Total Money Makeover" plan by Dave Ramsey. Really a good plan, but we have to actually sit down and go over our finances to actually get started...Anyway, his book on CD/tape is actually very interesting to listen to...my husband begged me to listen and I did so (reluctantly until the first chapter), and then I couldn't wait to pop in the next CD to hear what he had to say...

I think we both avoid talking about finances because of the tension and stress...(we used to plan our budget in public so we HAD to behave!) Yes, Jes is right...it is odd how a little piece of paper impacts our life so much!

Hang in there...You have a beautiful family and even when the going gets rough, you can still have something to look forward to each and every day when you look into all their beautiful faces and know that they belong to you!

11:27 AM

 
Blogger Josefina said...

I agree totally with you. In my family (dh and me) I'm pretty much in charge of finances, having studied that and all. But oh God how stressful it is, I was just making some estimations of how are we doing this month, and as usual, it's not very satisfactory....
Anyway, even if pathetic, it will maybe make you feel better to know that most of human beings have to struggle with finances!!!
And...you have always the chance to corrupt yourself in drug dealing, or those stuff...LOL!! just kidding!!!

12:12 PM

 
Blogger Susan said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. That tightness/pressure you feel in your chest (that is, if you don't have high blood pressure or a family history of heart disease) is anxiety. Worriers most often have panic disorder and don't know it. Either way, FIRST get a check up to be sure that the ticker IS really okay. Then, remember (and this is easier said then done, I know) that God provides for the smallest creatures...he'll provide for you! Remember, you can't take it with you. The only standard you are trying to live up to is the one you've created. Breathe in and out, relax, try to budget...if that doesn't work "you can deal with it tomorrow" when you are in a better frame of mind.

11:22 AM

 
Blogger Susan said...

Oh, and have you ever heard of the Christian Financial Organization "Money Matters". www.crown.org I listened to it on the radio when I had to commute. They have classes, books, tapes and mentors. They're a wealth of information!

11:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. It sounds like anxiety and believe me, finances will do it to you.
Hang in there!

Peace

2:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home