Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I am all for sports... but... seriously?

So... my yesterday afternoon was consumed by "Championship Darts."

Wheeee.

Not by choice mind you... That there is even such a sport (let alone fans) is mind boggling. What kind of lonely, desolate life must one have to be a fan of "Championship Darts?" And that you would make a sign for your favorite dart thrower is just wrong on so many different levels...

Wives of dart throwers sitting on the edge of their seats, wringing their hands like the world hangs in the balance...

After the perfect throw, the fat, sweaty dart thrower raises his hands as though he has somehow just accomplished something that is of worth...

A zoomed in, slow motion replay of a dart not quite making the mark... and then crashing to the floor. The dashed hopes that that misfire represents!

AND THEN, as if this somehow were not enough to make you laugh already:

A post championship interview with the victor.

These were just a few of the many forgettable moments of my afternoon yesterday. The tickets weren't cheap to watch this "once in a lifetime sporting event" either... $500 and a few hours later, my alternator was replaced and I was back on the road.

Don't you wish you were me?

10 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

ewwww, the fat sweaty arm thing made me gag; and why would one be sweaty from throwing darts?

8:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't get it. you purposefully went to this place and paid to watch? or you played? i think i need some Ambien.

11:37 AM

 
Blogger Greg said...

Jes-

My car was getting the alternator replaced... so I watched this on the TV at Applebees. The bill to replace the alternator was $500. See that was the cost of the ticket to watch because, had my car not been needing to be fix... I would never have watched it.

I know... I was too cryptic.

11:57 AM

 
Blogger Aim Claim said...

Everytime I get my car fixed I feel as if I have been robbed!

ps. the fat sweaty thing grossed me out too... yuck!

11:59 AM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

I swear men will compete in anything!

Sorry about the car repairs. I despise car repairs!!

1:16 PM

 
Blogger Eddo said...

YEs, too cryptic, but the explanation helped.

Alternator? Aren't those easy to replace? What type of car do you have? A Mercedes?

Thanks for the prayers that are being sent my way - Eddo needs them lots for so many reasons right now.

1:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Playing darts is fun, particularly if you're in a dive bar with Jimmy Buffett on the jukebox.

Watching darts, on the other hand, not so much. Especially if you're paying $500 for the privilege. Sorry about your alternator. :(

5:41 PM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

Watching darts must be just as fun and exciting as watching bowling tournaments on ESPN. Or poker without the celebrities.

7:07 PM

 
Blogger steve said...

There is nothing wrong with bowling or poker!!

1:58 PM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

Again, watching and doing are two completely different things! :)

8:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home