Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My name is Ben...

...and I am addicted to gadgets.

I love gadgets. Gadgets define who I am. I have been suckered into buying things because I can not resist another gadget. For example, this last weekend, I bought another bird feeder for the yard. Now I could have purchased a regular, plain old bird feeder, but I didn’t. I was drawn in like a monkey to a shiny object, to this "particular" bird feeder... I bought "The solar powered that turns into a lantern at night," bird feeder. On Sunday night, after being exposed to the sun for 8 hours, I kept checking to see if it would turn on... I was getting disappointed because it was dusk and it was not turning on... and then suddenly; VIOLA! I was jumping up and down... it was like Christmas when I was a little kid.

Anyway, this particular bird feeder hangs out side our bedroom window... so Sydney and I were laying on the bed looking at this bird feeder with lights on it... with NO birds on it, and I said, “ I wonder if birds even eat at night? I bet I go suckered in to buying this bird feeder that lights up and birds don’t even eat at night.” Sydney just looked at me, laughed, rolled her eyes and shook her head. Her response was something like, “Imagine you... purchasing a useless gadget?” I could almost hear the sarcasm in her voice... but I am not sure... because I was too mesmerized by the lights on my NEW SOLAR POWERED BIRD FEEDER THAT LIGHTS UP!

How cool is that anyway?

9 Comments:

Blogger Charlyn said...

Still a boy. LOL!

10:31 AM

 
Blogger Tim Rice said...

That's fascinating. I don't think I ever heard of a bird feeder that lights up at night before.

11:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally cool. take a picture! or, draw one! :)

11:53 AM

 
Blogger Heather said...

Why do I get the feeling this isn't the most useless gadget you've ever bought?

Put some fruit in it, maybe you'll get some bats at night.

12:07 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

boys and their toys, I'm laughing right alongside Syd, a bird feeder that lights up, for those midnight snacking birds I guess

1:56 PM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

Gadgets like that are made for men like you, Ben. Well, men like you and my brother-in-law. I'll have to tell him about the solar powered birdfeeder.

2:07 PM

 
Blogger Aim Claim said...

what always amazes me about gadgets is that it was somebody's BEST idea... haha!

10:47 AM

 
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I don't want a spotlight on ME when I'm eating. I don't think the birds would either.

1:23 PM

 
Blogger JLR said...

It is cool. I love bird feeders, and I love solar powered things, so put them together, and what you get is fabulous. I'm so jealous. But I have to agree with AM re: not wanting to eat under a spotlight.

10:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home