Friday, June 30, 2006

A week of R & R.

For the second year in a row... my folks have rented a cabin in Alexandria Minnesota and so our families are getting together for the week... fireworks will be shot off, and burgers will be cooked, chips will be eaten, fish will be caught, skis will be used, water fights will be had, four wheelers will be ridden, aloe will be applied, movies will be watched, snacks will be eaten, snoring will be heard... in short, fun will be had.

It will be a cornucopia of activity.

Speaking of cornucopias... we will be giving thanks for this country and all the abundance which God has provided us. Also, we will lift up a prayer for all the soldiers and veterans who have stood in the way of danger and who have given their lives to protect our freedoms.

Have a great 4th of July All! I am out of here until the 10th... no posts, no nothing... I am checking out for the week! MiM is officially...




Enjoy the 4th!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A) I love that your family is so "American." What a great celebration. I can imagine you now, frolicking across a prairie, corn dog in hand...

B) I really like that "Closed" sign.

10:31 AM

 
Blogger Katie said...

AHAHAHAHAHA "frolicking across a prarie, corn dog in hand"

Please oh please recreate this image and take a picture of it.

Have a great week off.

12:26 PM

 
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Have fun Ben McMinn!

1:08 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hahahahaha!! I too would like to see your rendition of "frolicking across a prarie, corn dog in hand". That about made me laugh right out loud!

Have a great weekend Ben, see ya' on the 10th!!

1:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. I love times like these. I, unfortunately, may be having a baby instead of eating hamburgers and shooting off fireworks.

2:54 PM

 
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Sounds like you will be having a great 4th of July week off. Can I come join you? :)

Actually, I had an excellent family and friends get together yesterday afternoon and night - picnicking, water fights, game playing, and just catching up with everyone.

7:47 PM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

That sounds awesome!

We will be at Wisconsin Dells for the 4th, hitting the water park at our hotel. We're going with another family - it's always fun.

God Bless America!

7:22 AM

 
Blogger Eddo said...

Wow. sounds like fun! We'll miss ya!

11:15 AM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL 4th!

2:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you guys are having a great time up north. Happy Fourth!

11:29 PM

 
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I know I'm jealous!

1:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ben...come back!
Where are you???

1:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home