Friday, August 04, 2006

Traveling to Fargo, ND...

...with 3 kids and no mom. Hm. I wonder how this will work? Because, let's face it... moms do this all the time... but Dads? Not so much.

Anyway, I am heading up to my folk's place for the weekend and I am bringing Jake, Micker Mackers and Bug Bug with me. One of our former youth kids is getting married and so I decided that I would go to his wedding. It happens to be in Fargo, where I grew up... so Grampa and Grandma will watch the kids while I am at the wedding. Works out great. Sydney's staying at home with Benji while she is finishing up Vacation Bible School Decorations.

But I am dreading the drive. Sorry guys... But NO kids music. It's just not happening. I know, I am a grinch...

I am okay with that.

11 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

come on ben, sing a long songs all the way to Fargo sounds like a good time to me

11:32 AM

 
Blogger Greg said...

Feel free to come up. You and the kids could follow me up to Fargo in a separate car.

11:34 AM

 
Blogger Katie said...

OR I could stay with Syd and the kids and babysit them while she finishes up VBS stuff

11:46 AM

 
Blogger Greg said...

GREAT.IDEA.

Take your leer jet and get up here by 5.

11:48 AM

 
Blogger Eddo said...

I love the colors. I would remove the border on the top of the image. I would probably make this a border free design that flows well due to nicely spaced colums.

I would however, put borders beneath the sidebar Title's and I would make the sidebar words much smaller- but that is just me.

But so far it is my favorite of your templates. I just love that gray!

12:37 PM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

Whoa, Fargo? Ya der hey?

Don't you have a portable dvd player? You must wih all your hi tech knowledge!!

1:56 PM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

Ohhhhhhh the stories you'll have to tell...

5:39 PM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

Oh, this is going to be F U N! Can't wait to read about this experience. I predict something funny, partially because you'll be driving by yourself with the kids, partially because you'll be going without any pizza...

8:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow--great new look!

I didn't know you grew up in Fargo. At least I don't think I did--the memory's not what it used to be. I went to college in Moorhead.

Do you ever read James Lileks' work? He writes a column for the Strib, among other things, but he also has a website and blog. He recently wrote about going back to Fargo for his class reunion (here), and he posted some 'then and now' pics. Thought you might be interested . . .

Hope you survived the drive, and that you had a good time!

7:39 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

AHH! I don't blame you!!

Have a great time Mr. Mom!! :D

8:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to Fahhhgo? How long of a drive is that? Eessh. Cold. Brrrr.

1:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home