Thursday, August 10, 2006

I woke up this morning...

Not wanting to go to work at all... I just sat on the edge of the bed for what seemed like forever... just sitting there looking out the window. Ambitionless. I had no desire to do anything. I just sat there wiping the sleep out of my eyes thinking to myself: "I should really get going." I finally willed myself to move. I made it to work on time, just barely. It's a good thing I have a beautiful wife and 4 kids to provide for... otherwise I would have become a failure a long time ago.

Right now, I have no ambition. I keep thinking, what's next? I wish happiness wasn't so fleeting. Each pinnicle of achievement leaves me feeling empty. I am a modern day Solomon of sorts.

I try and hold steadfast to His truths, but they just slip through the fingers of my mind and I find myself unable to grasp a firm hold on that which will keep me grounded. Instead, I find myself not knowing how I will feel from one day to the next... frustrating.

The good thing is: Tomorrow is a new day.

10 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

understand

completely

3:35 PM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

We all go through this. Completely understandable and don't be too hard on yourself. Every day is a new day and presents new opportunities as well as challenges.

3:43 PM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

True, we all feel this from time to time. Try to dwell on the blessings in your life. Pop in your favorite worship cd. Take Sydney out on a date - for Pizza! ;)

That should help!!

7:22 AM

 
Blogger Aim Claim said...

I feel this way every morning that I have to get up for work... and then I finally get moving with the wonderful thought that things will be better at 5pm

10:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomorrow (today) is not only a new day: IT'S FRIDAY!

11:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband says the same thing about having a family...that he does the whole work thing (even when he really doesn't want to) for us. That makes me feel special;)

9:57 PM

 
Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

I hate going through times like these. But it usually means God has something right around the corner...something to look forward to (or sometimes not), but certainly something meaningful and important!

It's awesome to hear that God has given you the precious family you have to keep you going even when it would be nice to just stop. I'm sure coming home to them has to be very rewarding. ;-) I know I spend many of my days just looking forward to my husband getting home from work.

10:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are times in everyones life like this. Just focus on the blessing my friend. You have many that's for sure.

8:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope u made it to work today and are not just sitting on your bed thinking about it..haha.

2:11 PM

 
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Sadly, I also know that feeling. But fortunately my friends don't let me stay there.

11:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home