Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Help!!!!!! Uncontrollable Urges!!!!!

AHHH..... (I cry out in agony)

I - have - to - cut - it... I have too..... Where's the phone..... (Said in a frantic, pleading voice)

Shuffling through the yellow pages, hands shaking I look under beauty salons..... With trembling fingers I pick up the phone and begin to dial........ (Ring, ring).... "Hello," "Great Looks Beauty Salon how may I help you....." In a raspy voice I answer..... "Yes"...." is there ANYONE available to do a hair cut.... "

"Let me see"....The irritatingly peppy receptionist replies ........"We can get you in next Friday with Helga." "Would you like me to write you in....?”

I want to shout, NOW.... I WANT ONE NOW AND NOT WITH SOME LADY NAMED HELGA!

But using every once of self control I have left I politely say no and hang up the phone..... As soon as it hits the base, I fall to my knees, with my hands cradling my head of hair, I cry out "NOOOOOOO, I MUST HAVE A HAIR CUT NOW!" Desperation now setting in and I call every number to every beauty salon within a 40 mile radius....Nothing!!!! Nobody is available to take me out of my misery.... last resort I call COST CUTTERS....... and the line is busy......

Exhausted I drop unto the couch, a lightly begin to whimper...... exhausted from my search the urge slightly weakens and the feeling of hopelessness begins to set in!......

This urge to cut my hair comes and it eats at me until I do the deed and then I hate the hair cut about 3 days after receive it..... Of course everyone says ..."oh... it looks great" But I can't just sort of cut my hair I go ALL THE WAY....... I wish I could be content..... but I feel like I have a mop on my head this thick mass that hangs in my face, suffocating the joy and spunkiness I wish to be feeling..... I want to be spontaneous..... Give me something cool.... I want to look hip not like some mother with long hair in a pony tail.....

So my question to you is what uncontrollable urges hit you???? Is it that bag of cookies that is crying out to you to eat them? Is it the need to rearrange your furniture until you have a new cool style and who care if it takes you six hours and the kids are beating on each other and your suppose to be fixing dinner, you need it changed now? (Okay so I struggle with the furniture one). What is it that you seem you can't control until you have finished it or done the deed even if you regret it afterwards...... Mine I would say is the need for change or spontaneity... whether it is my hair, changing around the furniture, or painting a room a totally different color. With out change I wither and die....

Today I am at a crucial point... and I am begging for guidance. Do I cut..... or don't I cut!.....
Feel free to share your uncontrollable urges as well.

Syd

Don't forget to read Ben's Post below. (We both posted today...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home