Monday, May 23, 2005

If you buy it and fill it with birdseed... they will come...

At the risk of sounding "old", I am stating for the record that I like birds. Not grackles or barn swallows... but sparrows, finches, baltimore oreoles, wood peckers, blue birds ... and what not. (I also like Pheasants, Grouse, Geese and Ducks... but I like to shoot and eat them...) ANYWAY, A couple of weeks ago I went with Jake and Micker Mackers to purchase a couple of bird feeders for our backyard... of which, I hung one on a shepards hook right out side our bedroom window ... it looks exactly like this...




Well, the birds have finally discovered it and we have about 7 or 8 GoldFinches and a couple of ordinary house finches frequenting the local establishment. Which is pretty cool. Yesterday I looked out the window and we had 8 yellow finches on our birdfeeder all at the same time.... When you walk out into the backyard, you hear all these birds whistling because they are so happy... because they are well fed and life is good. Our backyard is literally a utopia for GoldFinches.

There is something satisfying about feeding the birds and having them stop by our window every now and then. Now if only the squirrels will find the boingy corn thing and the wood peckers will find the peanut feeder... then life will be really good.

But it's a start.
(Don't call me a "nerdy bird watcher" or I will have to smack you...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home