Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The story of a loving father...

So I am a hoarder... I don't like to share. Yesterday, I posted about these cookies Sydney had baked for me. Let me preface this story with the following statement: they were my "Father's Day Cookies." I must admit that they are my ALL TIME favorite cookies. And I don't mean this in a "fun loving... little girl who loves to skip everywhere she goes and loves everything she sees" kind of way. I mean it in a "if you touch these cookies, I will smack you upside the head so fast you won't know what hit you" kind of way. I was feeling generous yesterday morning (as I loaded the whole double batch of cookies into a freezer bag so I could take them to work and HOARD them for myself) and I decided to leave 8 of them behind for my son Jake. Now, this morning when I got up, even though I had a whole bag at work... this sole remaining cookie at home was calling my name.

Yep. You're right. I love these cookies in a "steal the last remaining cookie that you left for your son the day before" kind of way. And you know what?? I don't feel bad. No remorse. Cry six year old. You snooze. You lose. Jake I love you and I would give my life up for you if you are ever in danger... but umm... the last cookie? Forget it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home