Thursday, January 26, 2006

LOST

No, I am not speaking of the TV Show Lost... I have this week's episode recorded on Tivo and I haven't had a chance to watch it yet... SO don't ruin it for me...

What I am speaking of is me on the way to work today... I am driving along and in the distance I see my turn... I am deep in thought thinking about life... my bible study this morning etc... and I make the usual turn without thinking or reading the sign... I am driving along and suddenly, I see a barn with cows along the side of the road and I am thinking, "When did they put that up??" Of course then I realize that I turned down the wrong road and my next thought was... "WHERE am I??" For a moment, I was in the Twilight Zone. Well, it just so happened that I turned 13 miles north of my normal turn... (Who does that?) 13 miles? I can understand 3 miles... but 13? Anyway, it was too late to turn around, so I went straight towards the town in front of me... and since I was there... I decided to stop by the Cenex station for some breakfast. Wouldn't you know it, they had a sausage, egg and cheese croissant sandwich all ready for me... they NEVER have one of these when I stop in to grab a quick bite and so I have to settle for the original flavored breakfast burrito that gets stuck halfway down my throat because I didn't chew my food well enough. It never fails that I have to guzzle some water to get the breakfast burrito "unlodged" from my esophagus.

ANYWAY... It was a long way to go for breakfast... but well worth the trip.

10 Comments:

Blogger Charlyn said...

Too funny!

Must've been some good thoughts you were having!

And in the end, a prize for you!

God bless you today Ben!

8:25 AM

 
Blogger Katie said...

funny, oh gosh I've gone into the zone driving before and gone pretty far out of my way before realizing it, but there was never a breakfast sandwich waiting for me, but be a minnnneeeeesssssooooottttttaaaaa thing.

9:01 AM

 
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Ha Ha K-T. Yes Ben, you are not alone in this, K-T decided she'd rather go to Oklahoma than my house for one game night. The same game night where Cat and Eddo were introduced, I believe. Funny.

I think I would stop eating breakfast burritos if I were you. Having my breakfast lodged in my throat is not a pleasant feeling, I wouldn't think.

9:18 AM

 
Blogger Katie said...

i would like to point out that I had not had coffee when I typed the above comment, the but in the final line should be must. I can't explain how I would not only mistype that word but do it in such a way that it came out a different word with a different number of letters.

9:26 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey Ben-jammerino! (Don't ask: I don't EVEN know where that came from!)

Too funny about getting lost! Well, at least your enjoyed your breakfast!

I'm going to be in Minnesooooooooooooooooota next weekend visiting a friend! Shenna and I were talking last night about road tripping sometime to visit our favorite Minnesoooooooootian (hahaha is that what y'all are called? lol) We'll have to plan for a Northern blogger weekend sometime!

9:33 AM

 
Blogger Eddo said...

Subcounsciously you knew what you were doing, you wanted that breakfast sandwich. Your conscious mind tried to deny you the sandwich, but our subconscious is much more powerful than our conscious mind.

And, I don't think you were ever actually LOST as you claim. You tried to use a writer's ploy with your title and draw us in with a lie and then you perpetuated that lie throughout the introduction of your story.

I don't need to tell you where liars go, but I will pray for you.

And no, I won't leave my children wtih you either. You will probably subconsciously wonder off to this same sandwich place and try to fatten them up and clog their arteries with cholesterol laden breakfast foods.

I could never have that.

And when my kids were grown and they each had to have a triple bypass, I would look back and I would blame their Uncle Ben.

That same Uncle Ben would probably also force my offspring to sit in front of his non-DLP television and watch the Green Bay Packers, knowing full well that my children are not allowed to watch anything other the sports teams with the name DALLAS in their title. Dallas Stars, Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Cowboys.

My kids would tell me that you told them not to tell, but they will have betrayed you. They will return to me with a full report of your deception and trickey.

Again, I will take no part in it.

So to you, Uncle Ben, I say GOOD DAY! That's right, I SAY GOOD DAY!

12:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stomach did the driving eh?!

3:31 PM

 
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

I hate it when I get home and suddenly think to myself, "Wait. I don't remember driving home..."

It only gets worse when I recall that I was supposed to drive somewhere else to meet my mother for dinner.

I kinda want to sit down with my brain someday and ask it why it occasionally farts-out on me (but, yet, it is still able to get me home. Somehow).

I think it is all related to why people are sometimes convinced that they've been abducted by aliens. All that has really happened is that they've had a brain fart and driven home when they were suppose to drive elsewhere (or driven 13 miles out of their way for no apparent reason…errrr…breakfast). I'm pretty sure that doesn't constitute a "loss in time" as much as a loss of a level of consciousness.

Plus, it explains how some people can fall asleep while running. How do you not run off a cliff when doing that, by the way?

Is it time to go home yet? Me tired…

5:08 PM

 
Blogger Jenny said...

In Pontiac, there's a road that runs around the city, one way, in a giant circle. It was my first time working there and I took a turn off the e-way that was about 8 miles early, and then I drove around the city on Wide-Track for 90 minutes. At least you didn't do that! :-)

I don't like breakfast burritos, mainly because I had too many of them when I was a kid working as a Mc Person.

10:10 PM

 
Blogger tonymyles said...

Dude, you lost me on this.

10:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home