Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Are you here Daddy?

Many times when I come home from work, Bug Bug walks into the bedroom and asks, "Are you here Daddy?" It would be easy to say no... just to keep her on her toes... but the smile that she gives me after I reassure her that, "Yes, I am here Bug Bug." is worth somewhere between 1 million and 10 million dollars.

Moments like that are worth any sacrifice you have to make when it comes to standard of living... we are broke... but dad's here and that's all that matters.

6 Comments:

Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Awe!

Of course, it would be interesting to see her reaction if one day you surprised her by saying, "No". Would she just say "Okay" and walk out of the room? Or would she say something like, "Yeah, me neither. I'll check back later"? :P

10:08 AM

 
Blogger Katie said...

I'm dittoing the "AWE", that makes me want to scoop up Bug Bug and give her a big hug.

12:14 PM

 
Blogger Eddo said...

Wealth isn't measured by how much money you have in the bank, but how much love you have in your home.

Wealth is found in simplicity and contentment.

Sounds like you have the right perspective Ben.

I'm not broke in the bank account department or in the love department, but nothing can compare to the love of family. I envy that in the best way.

2:19 PM

 
Blogger Charlyn said...

That's a little sweeter then being called a dork by your teenager. Treasure these moments!

6:26 PM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

So sweet! Bella asks the same thing. And once, when my husband did say he wasn't there, she just said "O'hay, Daddy. You SO FUNNY"

True what Shenna says. What's cute today is dork tomorrow :)

6:35 PM

 
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

What a great father/daughter moment.

*sigh*

8:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home