Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A smorgasbord of Chicken McNuggets, coveting and guilt.

Thou salt not covet... thy neighbors Packer's/Bear's Tickets...

I know this is wrong on so many levels but after Shenna said that she is going to the Packer's vs. Bears Game this weekend... I had twinges of jealousy. I would love to go to a Packers game. (Hint, Hint) Someday, I will... but it looks like this will be in the very distant future...

In the meantime, I am trying not to covet...

Anyway, I had to drop a movie off at Redbox at the local McDonalds last night and guess what?? Through September 24th, you can get 6 Chicken McNuggets for a dollar. How cool is that?? Lather those babies up in ranch sauce and SCORE. I ordered a 6 piece chicken nuggets, medium fry and a water for $2.56. Cheap AND Tasty!

So, I go up to the counter and I say, "I will take a 6 piece chicken nuggets for a dollar."

And the girl behind the counter says, "I can give you a 6 piece chicken nuggets... but it will cost you more than a dollar."

My left eyebrow raised and I said, "So what... these signs hanging all over the place saying that you are selling a 6 six piece Chicken McNuggets for a dollar are just for show??"

Her manager walks by and tells her, "They are a dollar."

She responds back, "Oh."

They really need to have people who are working behind the counter that can READ.

I know... that's not nice.

So I guess I need to work on being nice AND not coveting.

I felt twinges of guilt afterwards too... because Sydney had made homemade spaghetti and the chicken McNuggets ruined my appetite. So, she did all that work for nothing.

Oops.

5 Comments:

Blogger Charlyn said...

Ugh, I lost my comment - now you watch, it will double post!

What I had said was that we will get you to a Packers game yet, don't you fret! And that I probably shouldn't have bragged - need to work on "boasting". ;)

I also mentioned that if you haven't read "Chew on this" about fast food and what goes into it's food, and it's marketing, it is a must read! You will be appalled.

Ew...chicken nuggets...gross...

8:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, I think that employees should attend a MANDATORY briefing regarding all current promotions.

Because, SERIOUSLY. How could she NOT know?

(and, sheesh. i can't believe i'm commenting before kt.)

11:39 AM

 
Blogger Katie said...

SHEESH I can't believe that Jes commented before me either, but then again I don't seem to be good at doing Ben any favors (insert wicked laughter here)

I just like that you worked the word smorgasbord into the title

4:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats a good deal but even better is home made spaghetti by your wife:)...or perhaps pizza would be even better.

9:35 AM

 
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I know you're Ben MCMinn and all, but duede, seriously. Picking Mickey D's over Sydney's home cookin' is a serious crime.

12:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home