Tuesday, May 03, 2005

"A Series of Unfortunate Events"

I wake up yesterday morning with a splitting headache.... so I decide that I am going to kick it back and lounge in my bed for JUST a half an hour while the kids are still sleeping when......

Brrrinnnng Brrinnnng....... Brrrinnngg...... Brrinnnggg.....

I am thinking do I answer or don't I .... answer or don't......uughhh Fine!!!! I drag myself across the room to answer the phone..... I mean come on who calls someone at 8:oo in the morning..... okay will maybe most people..... BUT DON"T CALL ME..... I am lazy in the mornings.... .Anyways I finish the phone call, when I hear the pitter patter of little feet coming down the stairs and I groan again... for I know... that my resting half hour with my whopper of a headache is gone.

Since the phone is laying next to me in bed and the kids are up anyways I decide to make a call to one of my friends while lying in my bed.... I reach over, pick up the phone and to my horror, watch slowly ..... Oh so SLOWLY as the monday morning gods have the phone slip from my hand and strike my in my cheek bone right below my eye. I feel the instant swelling begin as the water rushes from my watering eye. My daughter, in her concern smashes her face against it to kiss it sending more rushing pain to my eye. I go to the bathroom, head throbbing, and look in the mirror. My under eye is already turning black and blue. All I can think, is ...... ugh... I hate mondays....

I feed the kids, get them into their clothes when there is a knock on the door. It is my friends mother-in-law coming to collect a crib that is stored up in the attic at our house. So we go up stairs into the bat infested attic and find the crib. The crib is not fully taken apart so I find the appropriate tools and start taking it apart. I start on the last screw, and no matter how much I grunt and groan this screw will not budge. But I am determined to win......

With all my might I push and twist the screw driver. It Turns and the screw driver flies off the screw head and right into the side of my nose! oh that so smarts.....my eyes begin to water again, as I tender grab my nose willing myself not to cry. Now I have a headache, bruised cheek, and bruised/scratched nose. The crib is eventually moved out of the house and I pop some tylenol praying that it will relieve some of my pain. I finish getting ready for my day, feed the kids dinner without any mishaps and my outlook becomes cheerier! I load the kiddo's in the van and head to bible study. I get back home and as I am unloading the kids, I smack my head in the door frame of the van, Leah panics, because she thinks I am going to put her down and grabs my cheek and scratchs it!......

I will say this ends my day of unfortunate events (THANK YOU LORD) but I have to go to the clinic tomarrow and do you really think they will believe me when I tell then that...
"No Doc, my husband doesn't beat me." I drop a phone on my eye, shoved a screw driver into the side of my nose and my daughter scratched my cheek as I bumped my head into the van."

Oh yeah... If you don't here from Ben and I the next couple of months it's because I am in court trying to prove my husband isn't a wife beater.

Oh by the way.... how was your monday?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home