Thursday, August 04, 2005

Gasp... Choke... Wheeze... Death by Friuty Pebbles Posted by Syd

Who knew such a small food could possibly be a killer. Hungry I went to the cereal cupboard and pull out a box of fruity pebbles. I needed just a little something to take the edge off my hunger until morning. Opening the box I caught a whiff of their delicious fruity smell and my stomach rumbled with anticipation. Oh what a wondrous sound as the little light flakes hit the bottom of the bowl, and then snapped as I poured on the cold white nectar of the dairy cow over the colorful array. I grabbed my bowl of fruity goodness and headed into the bedroom to savor my nighttime snack. Due to my pregnancy late night bowls of cereal are somewhat of a ritual for my ever growing babe in the womb. But after this night, nighttime cereal snacks would never be again. As I hoisted my ever growing frame unto the bed the merest, smallest, infinitesimally "pewny" (puny) fluff silently escapes from my backside. I open my mouth anticipating a burst of fruity flavor but instead am horrified to be greeted with a retched foul dead animal, rotten egg stench that makes me cough and suck my unchewed fruity flakes into my trachea instead of my esophagus! Gasp…… Choke…. Gasp……. Wheeze…..Hacking cough as tears begin to pour down my cheeks. I gasp for air only to again receive the foul dead animal, rotten egg stench back into my nostrils and throat once again. Those little fruity flakes would not let loose, as I continue to choke, tears streaming down my throat. 1 min…..2 min….. 3 min……. the gasping choking and wheezing continues. Finally I gather some control, my face wet with tears as Ben looks at me from the computer and asks….. “Are you Okay?”

I want to scream…. “DO I LOOK OKAY?”.... “DO I SOUND OKAY?” Instead I nod my head yes… thinking that I may actually make it. I finished my bowl of fruity pebbles which lost all flavor for all I could taste was the dead animal, rotten egg which was still hovering in the air. I think that the box of Fruity Pebbles should now read:
If You Are Pregnant Do Not Consume If You Have GAS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home