Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Thinking outside the box...

It's a pine box... elongated, cramped. Time and time again, I am placed in this place; unable to shift, I feel constricted. There's no room to move in this thing and it is hard to breathe. Everytime someone puts me in here I begin to suffocate. The darkness closes in around me and all seems hopeless. People think they know you. "They have you pegged." Parents, co-workers, friends... they all intentionally or unintentionally place you in this wooden prison at times... a boundary of sorts which you are confined to... might as well have razor wire around the top... or put the cover on and pound. the. last. nail. But I rhetorically ask from within this self imposed penitentiary, how do you know me, when I don't even know me? I am just beginning to figure out all the complexities of who I am. I don't believe what you say. Give me some credit.

People change.

And with this thought... I am able to gasp for air as I taste freedom once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home