Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Choose.

Today, I choose You. I choose You like I have chosen no other. Although I have made mistakes in the past, You don't care about those... All You care about is that I choose You today. Some think this is too big of a task... They get overwhelmed by how much effort this will take for the rest of their life or what they will have to give up if they choose You. How it will effect their future, their friends. They attempt to focus on the peak when the base of the mountain is barely visable beneath the clouds. They attempt to focus on the peak rather than the first step directly in front of them. They focus on tomorrow or the implications for choosing You for the rest of their life... But You don't ask us to do that... You only give us today and Your only request is that we choose You.

So, this is my resolve... When darkness clouds my view, I choose You. When there is a glow on the morning horizon, I choose You. When there seems to be nothing exciting about an ordinary day, like today, I choose You. Each day, You give us a choice... Some for the first time... and for some You give the opportunity to choose every day for the rest of their life. Without any regard for tomorrow, TODAY, I choose You. I choose You, like I have never chosen You before. Above all You have given me, I choose You. Above all, I choose you. Its a choice You place before us every single day. Some choose to ignore, some choose to follow... but, in the end, we all have made our choice.

I choose You.

Choose you this day, whom you will serve... But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord.
Joshua 24:15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home